4- secret- murphy imagine

A/N- I don't know if this is what you wanted...

Request: y/n is secretly dating murphy because if her older brother Bellamy knew he'd make them break up.

You were never meant to come to earth. You weren't a criminal like the others. The only crime you had committed was being born and that wasn't your fault. Of course you didn't want any of your family to be punished for your existence but you didn't think it was fair that you were sent to the arks prison. Bellamy had done all he could to protect you and Octavia, but eventually people found out. Bellamy had always been more protective of you than Octavia and you think it's because the two of you are more similar. As much as he wanted you to do what you want and be happy and free, he would much prefer you to be safe.

This didn't change when you left the ark and fell to earth. He wouldn't let you go out into the forest with other members of the camp and he made sure someone was looking after you at all times.

That's how you met murphy. You were sat on the edge of camp trying to make your own spear; if you were to be imprisoned in camp, you may as well be useful. You had found a reasonably straight stick and a sharp rock and had begun to sharpen the end into a point.

"What are you doing?" murphy asked from behind you. You forgot he was there, usually the people who watch over you don't bother you.

"Creating a spear, what does it look like?" you didn't mean to sound so harsh, but you were sick of being trapped, you may as well have stayed in the ark. He noticed your tone of voice and you expected him to snap back at you but he came and sat down beside you.

"You shouldn't sharpen it like that, you'll end up injuring yourself" he said, placing his hands over yours to show you how to do it correctly, making your heart beat faster.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get angry with you, I'm just sick of being stuck in here. I'm not a baby I can look after myself!" you ranted.

"I know." He stated. He glanced around the camp. "Bellamy's gone, why don't we go explore the area?"

"I....I can't... Bellamy doesn't want me to leave the camp." You replied, even though you did want to go.

"Just this once..." murphy suggested. You thought about it for a short time then agreed, following him out of the camp. You continued to walk side by side until he came to a halt.

"Here we are." He gestured the area with his hands. You looked around.

"It looks like every other part of the woods. What are we doing here?"

"It's almost sunset and I figured you'd want to see something special." You sat down together and talked until the sun began to disappear behind the treetops.

"Are you ready?" murphy asked. You didn't have time to respond as you noticed a small light emerge from the bark of the tree next to you. Another one rose from the ground. You had never seen anything like it. What seemed like thousands emerged from various places in the woods. Some hovered in the same place, others sped off in different directions, illuminating the area. You were speechless.

 They reminded you of your first time out of your room. You were only young and had a short amount of time, you wandered up to a window and you were amazed at the billions of stars shining in the darkness.

"Fireflies" murphy whispered. "You wanted to see something special." You reached out a hand to touch one. It settled on your finger, then flew away to join the others once you laced your fingers with murphy's. Neither of you could stop smiling for the rest of the night.

Since then you and murphy have been inseparable. He would always be the one to watch over you and you would sneak off when no one else was looking. Over the few weeks you spent together you had developed feelings for each other. However you couldn't tell anyone as you feared Bellamy's reaction. He had caught you and murphy laughing together one day and had given him extra work as a punishment. You were just laughing. You would hate to see his reaction if he found out you were dating.

Octavia had become suspicious and had found out about the two of you a few days ago. She was supportive and believed that if murphy made you happy, you should be with him. Although she didn't think it was right that you had to sneak around, so she created a plan. Bellamy, Clarke and a few of the others would go looking for a way to mount weather, then return when it started to go dark.

They left early in the morning, giving you all day with murphy. You planned to go and spend the day just outside the camp. You walked up a hill to the east. When you got to the top you sat on the ground with murphy and opened the food you had brought along for the day. He had his arm wrapped around you as you leant into his chest. You both looked out at the view. You could see people working in the camp, and if you looked ahead of you, you could see a mountain range which you assumed was mount weather. You never believed you would see anything so beautiful.

When you were around 11, you and Octavia were obsessed with the earth and nature, therefore whenever he could, Bellamy would bring you a variety of books and pictures to look at. If you had been told you would be sat on earth looking at the place you had dreamed about, you would have said they were crazy. But this was real.

"Its breath taking" you said, leaning up to kiss murphy. His hands pulled you closer and the kiss became heated pretty quickly. You ran your fingers through his hair as he kissed your neck.

"I love you." He mumbled, moving up along to your jaw. You tensed, not knowing how to respond. You had never really had any contact with guys in the ark as you weren't allowed to leave your room, so this was all new to you. Of course you felt the same way, but you didn't want to end up getting hurt, or worse you didn't want him to get hurt. He pulled away, tucking your hair behind your ears.

"I know it's soon to say it, but I do love you. If you need more time I understand."

"No. I just think that the more involved we get, the more chance there is of Bellamy finding out. He already hates you,"

"Y/n. I don't care what Bellamy says. Yes, it would be nice to have his approval, but I'm not in love with him I'm in love with you. I love the way you want to help others. I love the way you smile and laugh. I love the way you always manage to look beautiful. I love the way you make me feel. Like I'm whole. Like there's no one in the world but us. I love you so much..."

"I love you too." You choked, tears spilling over your eyes at his confession. You continued the rest of the date and had an amazing time.

"I'm going to tell Bellamy." You said, interrupting the comfortable silence you had as you walked back to camp.

"You are? Wow. Ok." you could hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Its ok, We shouldn't have to sneak around. I don't think he will be too mad and if he is, he'll just have to deal with it." You stated. He chuckled at your answer.

"Well at least if I die, I'll die happy." He joked, giving you a last peck on the lips before you walked to your tent, just as the others arrived back from mount weather.