we are grounders- part 2- bellamy imagine

"I don't know what to do!" you cried, a shaky hand reaching out to try and help your friend. Suddenly she stopped moving, eyes distant, lying still on the rocks. You sat down, facing the other way, unable to look at her body. Tears tumbled down your cheeks as you let out a sob.

Hands grabbed your shoulders pulling you into the lake. You struggled against the grip, eventually raising your head above the water only to be looking right at Sophie's face. She started laughing uncontrollably, swimming around in the water. You splashed her, annoyed at the trick she played.

"It's not funny" you said, turning to swim back to land.

"It was so funny! You should've seen your face." She said, her laughter dying down a bit.

"No it wasn't! I thought you were dead" you climbed back onto the rocks, letting your feet dangle in the water. Sophie swam over apologising for what she had done.

"If you want to survive in this world you're going to have to be stronger. Love is weakness. People die, its part of life." she said sympathetically, pulling herself up to sit with you.

"What's love got to do with anything?"

 "I've seen you and bellamy. You're close. Are you together?"

"No....no we're not."

"But you want to be. He tells you everything, doesn't he?"

"I guess so..."

"That's what I thought"

"How did you know it wasn't poisonous? The fruit, I mean." you asked.

"I've come across it before, it's good for treating cuts and it's really nice in a soup." She answered.

"What?" you were even more confused at her knowledge than before.

"Umm......I read it in a book when we were in the sky ship." You nodded, a small mammal catching your eye, drawing your attention away from the conversation. You held your finger up to your lips. Creeping along, grabbing your bow and arrow. It hopped along through the undergrowth, nibbling on leaves peacefully. You aimed the bow, leaning in as close as possible, thinking that this would be good to take back with you.

"Stop." Sophie whispered, placing her hand over yours, lowering the bow.

"Why?" you whispered back, moving over to observe the mammal. She pointed at the animal. It crawled forward, snapping at a beetle, chasing it around. You gasped seeing the front of the creature for the first time. Its eyes were large and bloodshot, saliva dripping out of the side of its mouth as it stared at you. Sharp, piercing teeth bared. It snarled at you, inching closer.

"Run." She said. Leaving her belongings on the rocks. You ran a few paces behind, looking back every now and then. Oh no! You thought. You had left the bow behind too. The creature was close, charging through the woods, occasionally disappearing from view. You could hear its growl fade little by little.

When you both believed it was safe you stopped, finally taking in your surroundings. Where are we? You thought. Searching the ground for marks. You noticed Sophie had focused on one area. She turned around.

"The marks are here" she said. Continuing to move forward. You continued for a while, passing different kinds of trees.

"I don't think this is the way." You called out to her. "The trees are different." She didn't reply, instead continuing to follow the path. The lines in the mud came to an end when you arrived at a clearing. Curiosity took over as you wandered forward, ahead of her. You frowned, a backpack identical to the ones at camp lay on the ground. You stepped forward. Reaching out, to grab it. Something moved in the corner of your eye. Your head snapped up to try and see through the dense foliage. You exhaled, shaking your head. I must be seeing things, you thought. However when you took hold of the bag, lifting it off the floor you noticed a mark.

An X to be exact.

You rose, examining the area. Backing into a tree when you saw figures lurking in the shadows.You felt something shift against your back. Your breath was caught in your throat, your heart beating faster than ever. You twisted around, dark eyes darting open in front of you. You screamed, stumbling over your feet as you dashed backwards. In spite of this, their arms extended, large hands snatching your arms, heaving you forwards again. You were tossed onto the ground, hitting your head off a branch.

 Your eyesight was blurred, your hand came into contact with the painful area on your head. You hissed withdrawing it to take a look, blood trickling down your fingers. You scrambled up, sprinting away, trying to make your way back to camp. You were breathing deeply, unable to continue with the injury you sustained. An area of raised ground provided cover on your right, yet a tree you could easily climb towered over you on the left. Time to make a choice, you thought.

 Left. You climbed up the tree, resting on a branch a couple of metres above the ground. Closing your eyes, squeezing them shut to stop yourself from crying out in pain. Footsteps were getting louder and louder, you could hear twigs snapping below. You shielded yourself from sight. Holding your breath so whoever it was wouldn't notice you.

"y/n!" a voice yelled. "Where are you, are you ok?" you looked down to see Sophie, hands on her knees as she tried to calm down, and alarmed look remained in her eyes. You dropped down from the tree, almost landing on top of her. She jumped back in shock."I think they are following us, let's go." She spoke softly.

"Where to? I don't know where we are?" you exclaimed, supporting yourself by holding onto the tree as a wave of dizziness overcame you.

 "I think we're near the back of the camp, maybe we can take shelter in the place where you hide the weapons" She replied.

"I don't know where that is, it's a secret."

"Everyone knows Bellamy trusts you, he must've told you!" you hesitated, deciding whether or not you should reveal the location. But you swiftly came to a decision once you heard the mocking cries ringing out behind you.

"Okay, but we have to be quick" you whispered, letting Sophie guide you through the woods for a while before you came across a familiar spot. You collapsed onto the floor, the dizziness getting worse.

"Come on y/n, you have to keep going. You have to show me where this place is." You gradually came back around, your eyesight becoming sharper. She threw her arm around your waist, helping you along. You muttered directions to her every now and then, but the pain in your head was becoming intolerable. You stopped, allowing her to support all of your weight as darkness engulfed your vision, occasionally disappearing, before it came back and blinded you again.

SNAP. You felt a rush of air against your face. An arrow was lodged into the bark in front of you. You heard more arrows burying themselves around the area. Sophie shouted words into your ear, but you were too alarmed to listen, baffled by why they would ambush you.A deafening scream woke you up from your previous state. Sophie fell over, taking you down with her. An arrow implanted in her back. Her clothes began to cling to her body as the wound bled. You became conscious of your location, close to the hiding place of the guns. You pulled her up, determined to get her to safety. After a few steps latched onto your side she crumpled to the earth.

"Y/n I can't go on...."