⋆ 2 ⋆

"Hao! Hao-hyung, wait up!"

Hao was on his way to his only Student Council period of the day. Ever since he'd joined, he had replaced one of his extracurriculars with Student Council, which was a real help for both him and his grades.

Being friends with Gyuvin was no different than running 5 laps around the humongous gymnasium that their school had, but he liked to coax his brain into thinking that it was.

He stopped walking to give Gyuvin some time to catch up before turning around just before the latter was face-to-face with him. Somehow, he knew that Gyuvin was up to no good; don't ask how he knew, he just felt the vibe.

His awkward yet mischievous smile, the way his hands almost instantly went behind his back to make him appear more neat, and, of course, the way he had been running after Hao himself. As student body president, Hao had the power to do practically anything. What couldn't Gyuvin want when he had a friend like himself?

"What do you want?" Hao spoke, no emotion seeping through his annoyed voice. "It better be quick. I'll be late for the StuCo meeting," he added to emphasize the fact that he had little to no time for Gyuvin's shenanigans.

"What's StuCo?" Gyuvin murmured to himself before the sentence registered in his brain. "Whatever! I really need your help, like seriously! It's nothing too bad!" Gyuvin himself knew that he was lying when he said that, but he was trying to describe what he needed in a way that didn't villainize himself.

"Gyuvin, the last time you said that, you broke the window in the principal's office." Spoke Hao through gritted teeth. How he hadn't lost his cool with Gyuvin yet was beyond his knowledge. "Do you know how hard it was for me to not get you expelled that day?"

"Hey! That was just a silly accident. A happy little accident, if you will." Gyuvin poked fun at Hao's exotic interest in Bob Ross before realizing that he would never get through to him if he didn't get to the point already. "Anyway, can you please tell the basketball coach– manag– Ugh, whatever, can you tell the person who manages the basketball team for our school that I want to join?" After much struggle, Gyuvin managed to speak about his longing to be within at least 5 meters of Shen Quanrui.

"The basketball team? Since when were you good at basketball?" Hao questioned back, not necessarily refuting or supporting Gyuvin's wishes.

"S-since never... Listen, the center on the team is way too hot for me to not join! Plus, I'm sure that they need a player since Keonhee transferred and almost every other boy in the school is already on a sports team or too self-centered to play a high school sport anyway!" Gyuvin tried reasoning with the elder who only shook his head at the silly words coming out of his mouth. He really needed this!

"I don't know, Gyu... It'll be hard to convince them overnight, you know. Their next practice is on Wednesday, I'm sure that they'll find someone more... befitting than you... by then!" Trying his best to not insult Gyuvin, Hao kindly refuted the ambition behind the younger's words. Plus, what word could he even put in? Gyuvin wasn't good at basketball and the only reason he wanted to join in the first place was for the hot center—they wouldn't take that, would they?

"Please? Pretty please with a cherry and rainbow sprinkles on top?" Gyuvin put his hands together and gave his best 'you better say yes' face on. It never worked, but for some reason, Hao felt generous that day.

"I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear the rainbow sprinkles part of that sentence..." he murmured before finally giving in and dropping his crossed arms so they'd go back to his sides. "Fine, I'll ask." he sighed, looking at Gyuvin's face to see how he'd react.