⋆ 16 ⋆

"Okay, Seoul Varsity huddle!"

Tomorrow's the big day. The day Gyuvin will either show his true potential or embarrass himself in front of approximately 2,000 students. The day Ricky may or may not end up hating Gyuvin even more than he already did–or maybe he would start liking him more.

Whatever, tomorrow is the big day, and Seoul Varsity cannot lose to the Incheon All-Stars.

"I know you guys are probably just as nervous as I am, and that's really bad because I'm on double duty as both team representative and the point guard, but that doesn't mean we should flunk an opportunity to stand strong against Incheon!" Hanbin spoke diligently and with great determination, confident in his and his team's abilities.

"Yeah!" The team shouted in harmony, sharing the same determination in their heads and their hearts. Gyuvin was the only one who sounded significantly less prideful.

"Are we gonna win this?" Hanbin asked, hoping for a positive response.

"Yeah!" The team responded once more. Gyuvin could get used to this...

"Is Incheon better than us?" Hanbin turned the tables, catching Gyuvin completely off-guard...

Amid a shared "No!", a loud "Yeah!" was heard.

Everyone stopped in their tracks and tried to locate the betrayer of the group. Who dare say that the Incheon All-Stars are better than Seoul Varsity? Much less someone who's on Seoul Varsity?

"Now, who the hell said that?" Ricky sneered, crossing his arms angrily. Gyuvin was scared because he couldn't tell if the blondie was genuinely mad or if he was just playing.

Choosing to not risk the somewhat normal bond he'd built with Ricky over the past few days since his apology, Gyuvin bowed down, 90 degrees, and apologized quickly.

"I-I'm sorry! I wasn't listening to what he said and responded without thinking! I'm new to this, sorry Ricky!" he spoke in a fast manner, completely disregarding the rest of the team which, thankfully, found his behavior funny. "I-I mean, sorry Seoul Varsity!" he added almost as an afterthought a few seconds later.

Ricky laughed at the response, cracking his mean-boy front instantly. Gyuvin stayed in his 90-degree bow position, looking quite silly as he did.

"I was only joking," Ricky smiled, going over to Gyuvin to pat his back and stop him from appearing as though he'd dropped the soap. "Don't worry," he added, sensing the other's genuine fear.

"Wow, Ricky. For once, you aren't acting like someone shoved a stick up your ass!" Jiwoong exclaimed happily, high-fiving Gunwook who wholeheartedly agreed with the statement.

"I'll shove one up yours if you don't shut it," Ricky spoke through gritted teeth, smile not leaving his face in an attempt to appear as supportive as possible for his overly clumsy roommate.

Wait, "roommate" isn't right.

His overly clumsy friend.

🏀

"Gyuvin, I fear you'll have to get the ball in the hoop at least once if we're planning on winning." Gunwook hesitantly yelled out to Gyuvin from where he stood on the opposite side of the court. He'd been watching Gyuvin for the past hour, and the latter couldn't even pick up the ball for five seconds before dropping it.

"I know, Wookie!" Gyuvin yelled back, staring at the ball that he'd dropped when Gunwook randomly shouted at him. He was determined. He could do it! Today would be the day that he picked up the ball for longer than 10 seconds!