⋆ 4 ⋆

Gyuvin hummed a happy tune as he walked down the halls, ready to conquer the day with all the positive energy he had mustered up over the last 48 hours. He really didn't feel like beating himself up over making Ricky's nose bleed anymore, so he did some meditation the other night (he watched a YouTube short and got frustrated when the poster said to watch part 2 right when things were going well).

In an attempt to take his mind off of the horrible meditation experience he had the other night, Gyuvin began looking around the hallways of his school. His school was pretty big, around 5 floors, so there were people everywhere. He was lucky to have classes only on the first 2 floors, excluding Math which was on the 3rd floor for one day out of the week.

Whilst glancing at all the passersby, he noticed a scarily familiar face talking to another scarily familiar face. Taerae and Ricky?

Oh, right! Taerae is on the soccer team and Ricky is on the basketball team. Of course they'd be friends!

Ricky looked very happy talking to Taerae. Much happier than he was when talking to Gyuvin...

Gyuvin frowned at the sight and looked down at the schedule he had in his hold. He was a bit wonky with directions, so he always had to have his schedule on him. He didn't want a repeat of October 12th... Definitely not...

Seeing that he had a bit more time before his next class began, he decided to take a deep breath and slowly but surely advance up to Ricky and Taerae. They seemed to be wrapping up their conversation, so Gyuvin hoped he wouldn't be too big of a bother.

Okay... Taerae is turned ⅖ away from Ricky... That means he's preparing to end the interaction and he's going to leave soon... So! It's the perfect time for me to...

"Ricky-sunbaenim!" Gyuvin exclaimed, a friendly smile on his face. Ricky flinched at the exclamation (especially since he'd been called sunbaenim...) and instantaneously shifted his gaze from Taerae to look at Gyuvin.

As Ricky did this, Taerae moved his own focus over to see who had called Ricky "sunbaenim" on the school premises. He was delighted to find that it was one of his own friends—well, a friend-in-law? Something like that.

"What the fuck did you just call me..?" hissed Ricky, death-glaring Gyuvin in the process.

"Sunbaenim!" Gyuvin repeated, a smile never leaving his face. He hoped that his "kind aura" (verbatim to what Hanbin had said during practice on Wednesday) would waft away any negative thoughts in Ricky's mind.

"Do not call me that." Ricky spat, standing up straight to assert dominance. So much for a "kind aura".

Does he think he's an alpha male or something? Gyuvin internally sneered; I mean, apart from the looks, he's nothing of the sort! He really has to drop the attitude...

"You know Gyuvin?" Taerae inquired, looking at a still-shaken Ricky. Gyuvin had almost forgotten that the other was there because of how quiet he'd been during the exchange.

"Yeah, he just joined the basketball team..." Ricky muttered stubbornly, crossing his arms to show his annoyance. "I can't stand him," he added, ignoring that Gyuvin could both see and hear how he was acting.

"Hey! I'm right here!" Gyuvin spoke with a pout, very offended by what Ricky had said about him. He didn't have to say that when he was right in front of him!

"Good. Maybe you'll realize faster that way." Ricky spared Gyuvin a small glance as he retaliated, quickly turning his head back to Taerae so they could try and pick up the broken pieces of the conversation they were having earlier.