⋆ 9 ⋆

It was Thursday, Seoul Varsity's first week-two practice schedule day. Everything was going just as it usually would, but one pretty important person was missing. And no, it's not Hanbin. It's Gyuvin.

Despite how much Ricky had tried to ignore the younger's absence, it had been affecting him the entire practice session. He had told Hanbin about how Gyuvin was sick and all to try and get it out of his system, but he was sure that Hanbin already knew before Ricky did because of a special little someone in the student council.

Enough about Hanbin's successful romance life! Ricky was currently struggling with his own priorities, and he wasn't going to let that stupid Bambi boy cause another issue in practice when he wasn't even there! How is it that the other brought trouble everywhere he was and everywhere he wasn't?

Missing his third hoop of the afternoon, Ricky groaned aloud and went away from the court to take a sip of water. He had been stressed the entire practice session and he was so sure that it was Kim 'the Bambi' Gyuvin's doing.

Hanbin noticed Ricky coming over to the sidelines instantly. His mother-mode activated simply from looking at Ricky's sullen face and he all but rushed over to the blonde to see just what was wrong with him. He couldn't lie—he'd noticed the boy fumbling with the ball ever since they'd stepped foot in the gym. Anyone, even someone as bad at basketball as Gyuvin, could tell that something was bothering him.

"Ricky, are you okay?" Hanbin questioned as he put his hand on the former's shoulder. This action alone made the Chinese boy jump up in surprise, some of his water spilling onto his bag from how badly he'd flinched. "Oh God! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" Hanbin apologized immediately, grabbing his own bag from where he was sitting previously so he could wipe Ricky's dry.

"It's— It's alright, hyung." Ricky dismissed the older male, grabbing his wrists to stop him from acting upon the spill on the bag that would end up drying in a few minutes anyway. "I'm fine," he responded to the question, albeit a bit late.

"You sure?" Hanbin put his hands down in defeat, choosing to listen to Ricky since he knew he wouldn't get a genuine answer out of him otherwise. "You seem stiff today. You've been flunking a lot of shots too." frowned the captain, his hands moving to his hips out of habit. Ricky noticed that he often did that when he was worried or conflicted.

"It's nothing. I'm not even sure myself— I just feel like something's bothering me. Something just feels— I don't know, missing?" Ricky tried evaluating his feelings, actually taking time to observe how he'd been acting and how it could relate to the fact that Gyuvin was in the dorms instead of at practice. "It's whatever. It's probably nothing important." he waved off his worries, not wanting to concern Hanbin any more than he usually did.

"Are you injured anywhere? Maybe you hit your knee on Monday and never noticed?" Hanbin always pressed an issue more than it had to be pressed, and although that was a bad thing on most occasions, his teammates found it endearing. He was extremely caring.

"I can't be hurt. I would have noticed that by now." Ricky felt like he was speaking to himself more than he was speaking to Hanbin. It was like he was reassuring himself but leading himself to a result that he didn't want to be true. He wanted to know what was bothering him so strongly, but he didn't want to face the truth no matter how necessary it was.

"Is it a mental issue then? It's not my place to ask, but maybe personal problems? Did you flunk a test?" Oh, Hanbin. The team would probably be in shambles without the overbearing yet overly generous male.

Ricky was about to be in shambles because of this overbearing yet overly generous male, though. Not because of the male, not necessarily, but because of the epiphany he was leading Ricky to.