⋆ 14 ⋆

It's been a few weeks since Gyuvin and Ricky's reconciliation in the kitchen of their dorm, and things, for the most part, have been moving as usual. In some ways, even faster.

Basketball practice had gotten more frequent. They were set to meet four times a week for the remaining two weeks they had til the big day; Hao was sure that this would help both the team and The Gyuricky Theory.

So, there they were—basketball practice had been running for some time, and they were now on their fourth practice of the first week. They just had to get through the next four practices next week, then the big day, and finally it'd be winter break! Gyuvin couldn't wait.

He was particularly excited to be practicing today because he had binge-watched a bunch of this random basketball champion's YouTube tutorials the other night. He studied his movements, even getting up a few times to copy them. He was sure that he'd be able to throw the basketball today! Maybe one day he'd be able to land it in the hoop!

Ricky thought someone had to tell the Bambi that 'one day' had to be Monday or they would lose the tournament, but he wouldn't be the one to ruin his mood. He enjoyed seeing the other so upbeat about practice when he was usually self-conscious and hiding in the cor— wait, what?

Okay... Anyway... Yeah, Ricky, there's no moving on from that.

Ricky wouldn't lie and say that he didn't feel at least a little bit more interested in Gyuvin over the last few days. He'd taken Hanbin's words into serious consideration and, after watching some of the meditation videos that Gyuvin had left in the watch later folder on their TV, he'd decided to help the latter. He needed it anyway.

But that's all! There was nothing more to it; just two up-and-coming buddies helping each other out like all buddies do. Right?

... Right!

Returning to the practice session and not Ricky's off-brand version of hell for a mind... Hanbin was watching over the team, occasionally joining in and giving some tips for Gunwook who seemed to be pursuing his passion of becoming Red from Angry Birds (he kept zooming for the hoop instead of throwing the ball at it). Gyuvin was concerned for him, but Jiwoong was laughing at him.

"Gunwook-ah..." Hanbin sighed, trying to contain his impatience under a mask of everlasting understanding. "You have to throw the ball... Not yourself..." he reiterated what he'd been trying to say for the past 10 minutes more gradually, hoping that the words would get through to the younger boy that way.

"Uh-huh... and that's what I'm doing, hyung!" Gunwook tried reasoning with the elder boy, demonstrating his struggles physically by flapping his arms like a bird. Hanbin was close to retiring and living his life under the pseudonym Haneul. Wink wink.

Ricky watched the interaction unfolding from the sidelines. He had just returned from getting Gyuvin knee pads because he was afraid that he would damage the Bambi Benders. He was starting to look forward to the silly titles the younger gave his body parts. He did not want to know what he called his... friend... though...

Anyway! He had to butt in.

"Gosh, Gunwook, you're turning into Gyuvin 2.0." Ricky snorted, acting like the male in question wasn't standing right next to him, in earshot, completely capable of hearing the slander.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Now, Gyuvin could try arguing with anyone in that room about his basketball skills, and no matter how much they loved or hated him, he would walk out defeated. His skills were so bad that even his mother had to give him a reality check! ("Honey, I think you have to invest in professional training..." "Mommmm!")