⋆ 13 ⋆

There are flowers in my heart.
They're growing thorns and it hurts.
Every time you're around, we make up.
I feel down.

Gyuvin furrowed his eyebrows at the song that Spotify randomly decided to play after he clicked "play" on his daily playlist. Don't get him wrong, the song was great, but it was kind of emotional and he did not want to feel sad all Monday morning.

So! He pulled out his phone and went to check what song it was. After deeming the song as one he had never heard before, he tilted his head and navigated his finger to the "add to playlist" button whilst avoiding the many people in the hallway. He did not need to step on someone's Air Force Ones or another girl's boyfriend's gift again!

He put his phone away after successfully adding the song (which he now knew was titled "Blondie" by a band named Current Joys) to his playlist. He continued walking down the halls, minding his own business, until...

"No headphones in the halls!"

Ugh!!!!!!

Gyuvin closed his eyes momentarily so he wouldn't accidentally scream at faculty and slowly turned around to kindly acknowledge the person who'd decided to throw his chances of having a good day out the window.

... Hao?!

"Gyuvin?!" Hao exclaimed right when Gyuvin's mind registered his face. The Chinese male's previously resting face immediately brightened up at the sight of his best friend. The two squealed softly and grabbed each other's hands, probably gaining the attention of, like, everyone in the hallway...

But they're best friends! Of course they'd be happy to see each other!

"How are you?" Hao spoke once the two calmed down from their euphoric state, abandoning the posters that he had been putting up on the bulletin board behind him for the sake of listening to Gyuvin. "...Ricky apologized, right?" he whispered, leaning in so nobody else would hear him.

Gyuvin gave Hao a bright smile and an enthusiastic nod which could only mean "Yes!!!!" Hao mirrored his smile and ruffled the taller male's hair, something that the Bambi would usually despise if it weren't for how happy he felt.

"He did! And he made me soup and..." Gyuvin leaned in just like Hao did a few seconds before, "...we hugged! It was kind of awkward, I don't think he's ever been hugged before." Gyuvin jutted out his bottom lip, feeling bad for the blonde-haired male.

Hao had to cover his mouth before he screamed aloud for the entire school to hear. He was overjoyed! Finally, his friend was making a move— er, getting along with Ricky! This was amazing. Hao didn't have to persuade him to do that either! The Bambi Brain did all the thinking on that one.

"I know right!" Gyuvin didn't even have to hear Hao say it to know what he was thinking.

"I'm so happy for you, Gyu!" Hao cheered lowly, not wanting to disturb the students around them more than they already had. "Was he sincere? It wasn't a lame 'Sorry', was it?" Hao was sure that in another lifetime he would be a journalist of some sort because he wanted all the details.

"I think so! I've never heard Ricky speak so much... well, aside from the time he projected his insecurities onto me..." Gyuvin lowered his voice so none of Ricky's fangirls would hear his revelation. Hao hit the devil on his shoulder and scolded him for saying that, but Gyuvin knew he agreed because he had a smirk on his face.

"Thank God." Hao sighed, shaking his fists to demonstrate how relieved he was that everything worked out. "So, you guys are back to normal, right?" Hao asked, shifting his eyes away from Gyuvin for a few seconds to scan the hallway.