⋆ 10 ⋆

"Where the hell is Ricky?"

Hanbin looked down at his wrist to check the time before realizing that he didn't even own a watch, much less one that he brought with him to practice. He turned to look at Jiwoong who appeared just as impatient as him, then to Hao who was sitting on the bleachers with him. They were discussing the upcoming basketball game.

"He's never this late." Jiwoong tapped his foot against the resin-glazed floor of the gymnasium, looking at his wrist to find that he, unlike Hanbin, did own a watch. "He's almost 20 minutes late. He'd be pissed if I were this off track." Jiwoong hissed, bending over to tie his shoelace that had undone itself despite his lack of movement.

"Maybe it has to do with Gyuvin," Hao spoke up, trying to calm the tense atmosphere and stop a possible argument from arising. "Binnie told me he was acting a bit weird yesterday at practice," he added, theories popping up in his head.

"Binnie?" Gunwook glared at Hanbin with a look on his face that screamed "I won't let you move past this" before swiftly changing his focus; "Weird? I mean, he was flunking a lot of shots, being super rude, and getting angry really... fast..." Gunwook quieted down as he realized just how off Ricky had been in the past 24 hours.

"Yeah! I noticed that too. What'd ya think the issue is, Hanbin?" Jiwoong inquired as he sat down on one of the benches in front of the bleachers, facing Hanbin and Hao. He was a bit mad at Ricky, but if there was a reason behind it, he was all ears.

"Gyuvin's sick." Hanbin began strongly, catching the attention of Gunwook who had been preaching Ricky and Gyuvin's interesting "bond" for the past week. "I think he's been off because Gyuvin hasn't been in for practice. Not that I should be theorizing about this, though—I mean, it could be anything. Maybe he's fallen ill too." Hanbin quickly backspaced his words, feeling bad because he was gossiping about Ricky behind his back.

"Ooh lala..." Gunwook rubbed his hands together mischievously. From that, everyone in the room knew he was up to no good.

"What?" Jiwoong whipped his head around at the calls of a menace. He had to stop Gunwook from doing anything crazy before he was to be held accountable for it in the younger's stead.

"Rickster's probably worried about Gyubbi!" Gunwook squealed uncharacteristically, his drama-loving side taking over his usually tough, merciless basketball player front. Hanbin covered his mouth after hearing what Gunwook had said.

"Okay, now, as much as I'd love to agree with you..." Hanbin struggled to form the rest of his sentence as he recovered from second-hand embarrassment. "...I think we should stick to the birth-assigned names, Gunwook!" the captain wore an unsteady smile, nodding at his own words as if he were losing his mind (he was).

"Oh." Gunwook's mood dropped immediately and he walked over sluggishly to sit down next to Jiwoong. "Okay, well, I still stand for the truth! Ricky is clearly worried about Gyu—"

"I'm not worried about shit." At the sound of doors slamming open and the sight of a blonde stomping through, everyone turned their heads and shut their mouths. There he was, in all his glory; Shen 'Ricky' Quanrui.

Everyone stared at the blonde who was holding literally nothing—not even his basketball bag, or his actual school bag—as he stormed to the bleachers. He looked reasonably angry; who wouldn't be angry after walking in on their friends talking about them behind their back, even if it wasn't necessarily bad or tasteless?

"I don't really appreciate being talked about behind my back, you know." spat the Center, stopping in his tracks when he was in everyone's viewpoint.

"We weren't—" Hanbin's attempts at dismissing Ricky's assumptions were proven futile when the latter put his hand up to stop him from speaking any further. Seems like he has something to say.