⋆ 17 ⋆

"Psst! Ricky!" Gyuvin shook Ricky's still-asleep frame, worry etched across his frame as the other lay in his bed, unresponsive and tainted with sleep. "Ricky! Wake up! It's game day!" he tried once more, hoping his specification would help somehow.

Spoiler alert: it did not help. Not one bit.

"Uh..." Gyuvin looked around Ricky's room for something that would get him to wake up. The guy had no alarm clock in sight, almost as if he woke up on a natural cycle every day.

Well, maybe not every day, considering that he was literally asleep. He was lucky that classes had been canceled for the day—Zhang Hao had managed to coax the principal into turning the basketball game into a Christmas event. He'd said something here and there about activities like a cookie decorating competition and whatnot, but none of that would be happening at all if Ricky didn't wake his ass up!

His eyes brightened up as he looked at the water bottle on Ricky's bedside table. Based on what he'd picked up from Gunwook, the mischievous fellow he is, he had hundreds of thoughts taking over his morale.

He grabbed the water bottle with utmost agility, already beginning to uncap it as he lifted himself off Ricky's bed. He didn't need to get himself wet either!

With Gunwook's devious soul possessing his body, Gyuvin held the uncapped water bottle above Ricky's beautiful sleeping face and waited for the right moment to dunk it all down.

Yet, suddenly, he felt like maybe he shouldn't splash Ricky's entire upper body with day-old water. Possibly even week-old water. His bedside table was the only thing in his room that Ricky barely kept clean and that itself was an overstatement. His room was practically spotless if not for the one tissue that Gyuvin had dragged in from their living room.

Anyway, Gyuvin didn't want to make Ricky take even longer to get ready than if he weren't to wake up with soaking wet hair and a damp pillow. That was not professional or ethical!

But then again, what else could he do to wake the guy up? He may as well be pronounced dead with the way he's completely still in bed. He barely even lifts his chest to breathe! Maybe Gyuvin should start getting worried—

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Ah! Oh, scrambled eggs!" Gyuvin 'swore' out loud, Ricky's deep morning voice scaring him off his bonkers. The uncapped water bottle that had originally been hovering above the elder's face has been dumped all over him on instinct, leaving Gyuvin with no room to act otherwise...

"Oh, what the fuck?!" Ricky actually swore out loud, sitting up immediately to somewhat shield himself from the water that had already dampened his hair and most of his clothes. He kept his anger inside of his mouth for once, not wanting to start the day on a bad note for both him and Gyuvin.

Ricky sighed, channeling his inner TikTok healer to save himself for another Haobin Twin Powers lecture. He ran a hand through his damp hair to move it off his face and turned to look at Gyuvin who had moved significantly far away from the bed.

"What? What do you want?" he asked as nicely as he could for someone who'd faced quite a rude awakening. Gyuvin grimaced as he eyed the clock on the wall, much to Ricky's confusion. It was only then that it hit him—

"Fuck!" he groaned, throwing his head back in annoyance. He almost plopped back down into his bed, wanting to throw the entire day away, but decided against it. "How much time do we have?" he asked, running a hand down his face.

"It's 7:35. Maybe like, 20 minutes?" Gyuvin shrugged as he spoke, not sure how Ricky would react to the information. Based on how he looked every day no matter the event, he assumed that that was an hour too little.