⋆ 3 ⋆

"...I just... Walk in?"

To say that Gyuvin was anxious would be an understatement. He was mortified, and, all of a sudden, joining the basketball team seemed like a horrible idea.

"Come on, Gyu. It's not that hard. Just walk in and Hanbin will be there. He'll introduce you to the group and then he'll see how good you play." Hao gripped Gyuvin's shoulder harshly and led him toward the doors of the gymnasium. He thought that the younger male was too nervous for something that he'd planned himself, but he didn't care much for how he felt. He just wanted to talk to Hanbin again.

"What if they think I'm horrible? Did you already tell the captain that I'm like a dog walking on two legs when I play? Oh God..." Gyuvin rambled out in a fast-paced manner, all of his worries leaving his mouth like word vomit.

Hao stopped walking just so he could take a deep breath. He didn't want to curse out Gyuvin for being silly and make him even more nervous, so he put on a smile and turned to Gyuvin like a robot, offering him a kind look before walking again. Gyuvin seemed more scared than he was before after that.

"He knows that you're bad at the game. He's just glad that there'll be someone to replace Keonhee— well, be in Keonhee's spot..." Hao wasn't sure if Gyuvin was up to par with Keonhee's skills, especially since he was a total noob at the game. "As long as you don't mess with Ricky too much, you'll probably be okay," Hao spoke verbatim to what Hanbin had told him over text the night before.

"But Ricky is the entire reason I decided to even join! How am I not supposed to mess with him too much?" whined Gyuvin, clutching onto Hao's hand as the gym doors came closer and closer. "Maybe I should call him sunbaenim to show my respect..." Gyuvin whispered, causing Hao to stop in his tracks completely.

"Kim Gyuvin. You are not calling Shen Ricky 'sunbaenim'. Please." Hao had a mortified look on his face which could only mean that Gyuvin had already messed up. Gyuvin rolled his eyes at Hao's warning, mentally telling himself that he'd do it just to piss the other male off.

"Whatever." dismissed the younger as he straightened his posture significantly. "Are you going to walk in with me? That would make me look a bit... incompetent... Don't you think?" Gyuvin let go of Hao's frame as he spoke, afraid that he'd make a bad impression on his first day of practice.

"Gyuvin, the fact of the matter is that you are incompetent. Nothing can change that, so it's best if I just walk in with you. Plus, I have to pick up one of the soccer players for an evaluation and the gymnasium leads to the outdoor field." Hao replied firmly, walking up to the door (which he was now aware was a pull door) and opening it.

Gyuvin stared at Hao, almost as if he had no idea what he was supposed to do next. Hao groaned audibly and harshly grabbed Gyuvin's arm, dragging the younger into the room with him.

Gyuvin gasped at how much bigger the gymnasium looked when there weren't hundreds of people occupying every square meter of it. Hao only shook his head at the other's oblivious yet curious expression and led him to the center of the gym where the rest of the team was standing, presumably waiting for Gyuvin's arrival.

Hanbin was the first to notice the two approaching and almost instantaneously waved to Hao. He soon realized that it was rude of him to not wave at the two as a whole and did so a few seconds later.

"Hao! Welcome!" he spoke, walking up to the duo. "You must be Gyuvin. I'm Hanbin." Hanbin unnecessarily introduced himself despite being aware that Gyuvin probably knew his name already.

"Yeah, hello!" Gyuvin bowed 90 degrees to show his utmost respect for the captain who had made this all possible. He wanted to forget that Hao helped him solely because of how rude he had been to him during lunch that day.