I

──────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────── 
Apryl's POV:
It's 6:20am when my alarm rings. I sleepily turns the alarm off, groaning. I snatch my phone off of my nightstand, revealing hundreds of texts from Mindy, Wes, and Chad. "the fuck.?" I say sleepily as I sit up on my bed, opening a text from Mindy.

                               ────────────────────────────────────

My fav queer 😝❤️🏳️‍🌈:

DUDE.
RY.
PICK UP THE FUCKING PHONE
APRYL
APRYL RILEY YOU MOTHERFUCKER
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SLEEPING??
RY ITS IMPORTANT.
RY ITS ABOUT TARA.
RY RY RY RY
APRYL
APRYLLLLLLLLLLLLL

you:
Jesus fuck M-
what happened to Tara??

My fav queer 😝❤️🏳️‍🌈:

omfg FINALLY.
are you like hibernating or some shit

you:

Mindy. What happened to Tara.
is it bad?

My fav queer 😝❤️🏳️‍🌈:

you didn't read Wes's texts?
ugh just call me dumbass

                                    ────────────────────────────────────

I call Mindy, feeling confused and worried. "Ry??" I hear the phone go. "hey! M! Dude what happened?" there was silence, for a second I thought that I had lost connection.

"Tara.."
Mindy finally said "got, attacked. stabbed, for, context." as I hear what Mindy said, my eyes widen. 

"wait, s-stabbed? you're joking. Seriously? what the fuck?" I say, starting to panic.

"hey hey its okay alright? She went through a surgery and the doctor's said she'd be okay, but, she's in shitty shape."
Mindy says nervously as small tears start to well up in my eyes, 

"Me, Chad, and everyone else are by the picnic tables near school if you want to come, we'll probably be going to the hospital to visit Ta-"
"I'm coming." I say with no hesitation, cutting Mindy off, I couldn't bare to not see Tara again, "Okay, we'll meet you there, see you soon Ry." Mindy says in a comforting voice.

As she hangs up, Apryl starts to overthink. "was I seriously sleeping when this all happened?" "could I have helped more?" "no Apryl, shut up. stop overthinking." my thoughts say as I shake it off and get into a outfit and walk out of my house to meet Mindy and everyone.

I rush to the picnic table where everyone is, as I see Amber, Wes, and Mindy there. I wave to them, as Wes and Amber wave back, and Mindy smiles, beckoning me over. I walk over to sit beside Mindy, as I overhear Wes and Amber talking,

"Sam's coming?" Amber scowls at Wes, annoyed as Wes nods.

"watch everything get worse." She looks away.

Sam and Tara have never been on the best terms, since Sam left and ghosted Tara when she was 13, which I don't appreciate, but I don't know the full story.

Soon enough Chad and his girlfriend Liv appear, Chad's arm draped around her,

"listen, all I'm saying is, with everything going on right now, I think its time we take out relationship to the next most, intimate level." he says as he sits down with Liv, and she scoffs, "He wants me to accept his Find My Fam request." she says to us as I roll my eyes playfully.

"its the smartest option with a would-be-killer on the loose." Chad reasons "you know exactly where I am, and I know exactly where you are!" I raise an eyebrow "aww you can stalk me like a jealous boyfriend!" Liv teases "and you can stalk me like a jealous boyfriend!" Chad says, as Amber fake gags "is this because you two aren't having sex yet?" I hear Amber say, as Chad argues with her.

"don't do it Liv, there's a psycho out there. you make yourself harder to find." Wes says as we all look to him, as he lists safety protocols. "ah yes, thank you thank you very much Edward Snowden." Chad says as Liv gives Wes a sarcastic thumbs up.

As they continue to talk about the Ghostface attack, and how Wes's mom, Sheriff Hicks, interrogated Chad about Tara's attempted murder, which made me get chills down my spine, remembering the thought of Tara getting stabbed.

"I'm sure she's asking everybody, I mean, Ghostface is back." Wes says, defending his mom.

"the press still isn't saying Ghostface."

"my mom doesn't want to cause a panic." he reasons, but Mindy keeps talking "it'll get out by the second or third killing." me, Amber, and Chad look at Mindy "Jesus, Mindy, there wasn't a first killing. Tara's alive." Amber says annoyed.

"well I mean she could still die." My expression angers "what the fuck?" Amber says annoyed.

"or the killer could come back to her." Mindy continues, shrugging. "M what the hell?" I raise my voice at her, "fuck, Mindy, c'mon." Chad says as Wes continues rambling about staying safe "I'm just saying, arm up, okay? Pepper spray, check. Taser, check." "Girlfriend repellent, chECk." Amber says mockingly as everyone except Wes laughs.

Suddenly Liv speaks "oh shit.. is that, Vince?"

We all turn to where Liv is looking, to see some creep starring at us "wait that creep you hooked up with last summer?" Chad says defensively,

"yeah, he, worked with me and Tara." I look over, hearing Tara's name "he worked with Tara?" me and Amber say in unison.

 They continue talking about Vince, Mindy taking a quick photo as well. Soon enough Vince leaves, before Chad could get to him.

"thanks anyways boys." Liv says teasingly, as Chad laugh slightly, adjusts his arm uncomfortably. Amber looks to him, seeing there are bruises.

"Tara said she fought back hard, you've got bruises." she says teasingly "its from football practice." Chad says nervously. "oh, sure." Amber says, still not convinced.

"Tara's awake." Wes says, as I turn to him, my heart racing a bit faster. "I'm going to the hospital you guys coming?" we all agree, accept Liv, she had something to do but didn't tell us, but I didn't think much of it. We all as a group go to the hospital.

                      ──────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

A/N: first chapter!! its kind of boring but I'll try to get into something more interesting:]