VII

──────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

Third person POV:

Sam, Richie, and Apryl walk out of the hospital, Sam pushing Tara in her wheelchair.

"that's her?" Gale nods as Sydney stands up and walks towards her.

"Samantha?" She asks, making Sam stop. "its Sam." she answers.

"I'm-""I know who you are." Sam says, cutting Sydney off.

Sydney nods and smile's at Apryl "hey sweetie." Apryl smiles at her.

She looks to Tara "I hope you're okay." She says, making Tara smile lightly.

Sydney turns her attention back to Sam, "Listen, I'm sorry.." Sam starts but now Sydney cuts her off, "you're Billy's daughter."

Sam pauses, as Apryl puts a hand on her shoulder.

"We'll, bring the car around." Richie says, taking Tara with him.

They stare at each other for a moment, Sam speaks up, "yeah, I'm his daughter. I'm sorry if that's weird for you."

"No, no, its.." Sydney looks to Apryl, and Apryl nods at her, signaling to her that she's already knows about Roman, and had told them about it.

"I know about Apryl and, her real father." She looks back to Sam, as Sam's gaze soften.

"I've been through this." Sydney continues, "A lot. You wanna talk?"

"I appreciate it. And, I'm.. I'm really sorry about Dewey." Sam glances at Apryl as Apryl looks away, trying to hide her sadness. Sam looks back to Sydney, "but I'm taking Apryl and my sister away from this."

Sam walks out and Apryl follows her, glancing at Sydney for a moment.

Sydney follows them outside, "I tried running too. It doesn't work it always follows."

"with all due respect that's your life not mine." Sam says sternly as Gale comes out too.

"I'm not so sure about that." Sydney says, "what do you want from me lady?!" she snaps

"hey!" Gale yells, running towards them, "watch your tone new girl!"

"you know how they always say it goes back to the original?" she points at Sydney, "here's the original."

"I want your guys' help." Sydney asks. "because you're wrong this is your life now." Apryl's bites the inside of her cheek.

"which means whoever this is, is gonna keep coming for you." Sydney says, "so?" Sam argues.

"so I want you two to help us kill him." Apryl's eyebrows raise.

"you want us to help, you and, the host of a morning show commit murder?"

"Correct." "yeah." Gale and Sydney say.

"And I'm what, in this scenario?" Sam says annoyed "The bait? The helpless victim?"

"if the shoe fits." Gale jokes, "you're not helpless, Sam." Sydney says.

"he killed your friend, he killed ours, he killed Apryl's dad." she continues making Apryl look down again, "and I've got kids which means I won't sleep until he's in the ground."

Sam looks at them, "look I'm sorry, about what this has done to your lives, but no matter what you or the killer or anyone says, this isn't my story." Sam finishes as Richie pulls up in front of us, honking the car horn.

"Alright! lets get the fuck out of town huh?" Richie says, honking the horn a few more times.

"sorry, that's my boyfriend, Richie." Sam says awkwardly, walking to the car.

"nice to meet- we met-.. Sam Apryl, please get in the car so we never have to see these people ever again." Richie looks down as Apryl rolls her eyes.

Sam stands by the front seat, waiting for Apryl to get in. Apryl glances at Gale. "Apryl honey.." Gale coos, but Apryl shakes her head. 

"I know killing him is for the best. but I'm not leaving Tara." Apryl looks around, "there's nothing left for me in this fucked up town if Tara's gone."

"you never told me about Roman mom." Apryl says with a serious tone, "Apryl I'm sorry, it was for the best." Apryl looks down, and sighs, "goodbye, mom." She says before getting into the car beside Tara, laying her head on Tara's shoulder.

"Sam." Sydney says, "No. We're leaving. it's the only way I can't protect Tara." 

Sydney sighs, "okay, good luck." Sam looks back at her, "you too." she says, before she closes the car door.

They drive away, "well that went fucking horribly!" Gale says to Sydney.

"don't worry I have a plan." she says looking down at her phone, "she seems really tough."

"honestly Sid, who gives a shit?" Gale faces her, "You said it yourself, he's gonna go after her!" "I put a tracker on her car." Sydney says as Gale's eyebrows raise.

"you did what?" 

"seems like something Gale Weathers would do." Sydney smiles, before walking over to their own car.

"..take that as a complement." Gale shrugs, before following after her.

"I left a message for mom I told her where we're going." Sam says to Tara in the back.

Tara doesn't answer, she rummages through her bag, as Apryl sits up and takes an earbud out of her ear. "you good back there?" Sam asks.

"Fuck where is it?" Tara says breathing heavily, "where's what?" Sam asks, "my inhaler! I usually keep an extra one." Apryl starts to rub Tara's back, trying to comfort her.

"should we go back?" Sam asks before Richie stops her, "Woah, okay, I vote for not going back to the murder hospital."

"do you wanna stop at a pharmacy?" Sam suggests, "She'd need a prescription." Apryl answers for her.

"But, I left and extra one at Amber's. Her house is on the way." Tara says.

Richie looks in annoyed, and Apryl looks jealous, but accepts it. "no... no." Richie says, looking at Tara through the rear mirror.

"I-I'd be in and out!" Tara says, "do you think you could hold out till Modesto?" Sam asks, as Tara shakes her head "I don't think so." Apryl gives her a side hug, looking at Richie annoyed.

"okay," Sam says, "what's the address?" "123 No Fucking Way Lane!" Richie say angerly.

"Richie!" Apryl shouts at him, "Richie!" Sam seconds, "she needs it."

"yeah! and I need to keep all the blood inside my body. So do you." Richie glances at Sam. 

"Dude are you serious." Apryl says angerly as she rubs Tara's arm.

"Richie please." Tara says in panic.

Richie pauses, as Sam reaches for Tara, putting her hand on Tara's knee as Sam looks at Richie pleadingly.

Richie sighs, giving in "okay yeah, fuck, okay what's the goddamn address."

                        ──────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────
A/N: almost doneeee! after I might write a scream 6 AU if this one goes well:3