VIII

──────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

Third person POV:

Amber was having a memorial. well, a party memorial. there were tons of people gathered around Amber's house, drinking, kissing, and smoking weed.

"hey thanks for coming," Amber says to people around her as she walks through the house.

we find Chad in the kitchen, "keep pouring Wheeler." he says to someone pouring him a shot.

"Hey!" He shouts to everyone as he raises his glass, "to Wes!" He calls out, as everyone repeats.

"Beautiful son of a bitch." Chad mumbles before taking his shot.

"shots? really? this is supposed to be a memorial." Amber snatches his shot glass, placing it on the table.

"well this, is how I mourn." Chad says, pointing at the shot glass. "and distract myself from the looming specter of death."

"hey, we're low on beer." Mindy taps Amber, "there's more in the basement, I'll go get some." Amber says before walking over to the basement door.

Sam's car, and Apryl's POV:

Tara started to calm down, she's still struggling a little bit, but I can tell we'll be able to make it to Amber's.

"how much longer?" I ask holding Tara's hand. "about 20 minutes." Sam looks to the back of the car, "you holding up okay Tara?" She asks, Tara nods "I think I'll be okay."

it scares me though, somehow the killer knew about how I liked Tara, so I knew them already. I guess dad was right, the killer is someone apart of the friend group.

I put my earbud in and put the other earbud into Tara's ear. Tara smiles and I smile back. We listen to "Softcore" by The Neighborhood, as Tara puts her head on my shoulder.

let's hope there's no more Ghostface for a while.

Third person POV, back at Amber's house:

Chad and Liv were on the couch, making out as music plays in the background.

"I think I'm ready.." Liv says in between kisses, "I mean I think we should... like, now. you wanna go upstairs?" Liv asks, as Chad stops, but Liv continues to kiss him.

"like.. like upstairs?" Chad asks awkwardly "uh-huh right now." Liv says, continuing to kiss him.

"uhm.." Chad raises his finger, to tap Liv, as she sits up, looking at him. "don't take this the wrong way, but I think I'm going to have to pass, on that."

Liv laughs nervously "What?" Chad grins awkwardly, as Liv's smile fades. "why..?"

"well, you know Im-I'm not like, entirely sure that you're, not, the... killer?" Chad says as Liv looks offended.

"'Don't take this the wrong way'?" She says hurt. "no no no no!" Chad says rapidly "Look I'm almost, 100 percent sure that you are not, but! the safest option, is to be down here! with all the- all the people." Chad continues as Liv stares at him in anger.

"fuck you." Liv says as she gets off of Chad while he talks, storming out of the living room, "and all the.. potential witnesses- that is a completely valid emotional responds to have!" he says nervously as Liv flips him off, "that too!"

"fucking asshole!" Liv says, pushing past Mindy, shoving her a bit as Mindy looks at Liv then to Chad.

"good job." she says sarcastically with a thumbs up.