17

The next day began with a lot of tension during breakfast. I was confused but decided not to say anything for now. There have to be reasons for it and I'm sure Philza will tell us when he thinks it's best.

After breakfast was training time. Today Wilbur was training with me.

"Today I'm going to see how well you can block attacks. It's a important thing for a fight." I took two wooden swords and threw one to Wilbur who caught it to my surprise. Wilbur got into his new position and was ready to fight. I quickly attacked him which he was able to block.

I made another attack towards him. My sword aimed at his ribs and if he wouldn't be able to block that it would surely hurt pretty bad. Luckily he blocked the attack and i continued.

He got hit a couple of times but he was able to block most of my hits, which was pretty impressive.

"I have to say that you're blocking skills are impressive." I said and put the swords away. "I had to get better with that because otherwise I would probably be limping through the castle after training with Techno." He laughed and scratched his neck. A small smile was on my face now.

"You know... it's the first time since you're here, that I have seen an actual smile on your face." He mentioned and my smile left my face. I didn't even notice that it was there in the first place.

"Don't get used to it." I just said and looked at him again. He went quiet and after a while we left the training area for lunch. "Father. (Y/N) said that my blocking skills are quite good by now." Wilbur said proud of himself and his father smiled at him. "That's good Will. You're going to need that." Philza sounded proud as well but it got silent after the last part.

The silence was loud as we continued eating. "Techno, Sa- (Y/N), can you meet me in the throne room after lunch?" the king asked and we both nodded our heads.

As lunch was over, Techno and I walked to the throne room where Philza would be waiting for us. "What do you think it is that the king wants to talk about?" I asked Techno who just shrugged. We entered the big room and bowed.

"Thank you for taking the time to see me." He smiled softly but i noticed a slight worry on his face. "What's the matter?" Techno asked. "War is coming faster than we expected. The amethyst empire is already preparing their army." He sighed and I looked towards Techno. We both knew that this wasn't good.

"Techno, (Y/N), you're both going to lead our army. We have already sent letters to the people of the kingdom, so that the men are going to war as well." He explained further and we nodded. I had already expected to be one of the leaders of the army so it didn't surprise me.

"The new soldiers are going to be trained under your supervision. The training sessions of my sons are going to be longer from now on." He looked at us determined. He knew that it was much that he was trusting us with but he also knew that we could do it. We both bowed in front of him as a sign of agreement.

"Thank you." Phil nodded at us to show his gratefulness and we left the hall. I sighed as we walked through the halls to the training area where Wilbur and Tommy were already waiting.

"What did father tell you?" Tommy immediately asked. I shook my head. "Nothing that would concern you two." I told them and Techno nodded as well.

Tommy looked dissatisfied with that answer and sighed. "One information is important for you two though." Techno began talking and i watched him. Wilbur and Tommy both looked at him as well.

"Your training will get longer and harder from now on. When war is here (Y/N) and I will be leading the army which is at the front. Our job is to train the soldiers as well so during our training the other soldiers are going to train as well so we can have a close look at them while also training you two. Its going to be louder and chaotic but there's no other way around it." He explained what is going to happen. Tommy groaned.