22

Techno had just nodded. He didn't ask why I hadn't slept well and he didn't ask if I was okay, because he knew exactly what I was feeling. He knew how, especially the days before war were, even if we both were strong.

So we trained until breakfast. "Good morning." I said to the king and the princes, as I entered the dininghall.

"Good morning (Y/N)." Phil smiled at us. The princes stayed silent and only looked at us. They were afraid. Afraid of what they would face on the battlefield, afraid that they or a person close to them would die. Tommy was still 17 and Wilbur 19.

We ate breakfast in silence and afterwards we met with the princes to train like we always did.

I looked at them. The eyebags under Wilburs eyes and the darting eyes of Tommy. I sighed and looked at Techno.

"Today you're going to fight against each other." I told them and threw a wooden sword to them. They quickly caught it and just nodded before starting.

"They've gotten good." Techno mentioned while watching them. "Yes. War will have its effect on them..." I said as well and sighed.

The day went by quickly and soon I was laying in bed. Tomorrow would be the day we would get everything ready for war.

"Knight (Y/N). Breakfast is ready." Charlie woke me up the next day. Techno and I had decided to not train today in the morning.

"I'll be there in a couple minutes" I said back and got ready. I entered the dining hall where everyone was already seated.

"Good morning." I greeted and sat down as well.

"Where are we going to be on the battlefield?" Tommy asked after a while. He was nervous. "You and Wilbur will be right with us the whole time." I said seriously and techno nodded.

"We will protect you at all costs so you don't have to worry. We will make sure you're safe." I smiled slightly comforting at them. Hopefully it will work. Even though I tell myself that I shouldn't get attached to them it already happened and all I could do now was to protect them with everything I had.

After breakfast we trained with the princes like we always did. Techno and I decided to end the training earlier today because we wanted to let them have a bit of rest. "Tommy, Wilbur, can we talk to you for a second?" the princes looked at us confused but nodded. "It's normal to be scared of what is ahead of us." I began talking. "Techno and I noticed how your nervousness grew into fear and we both know that fear is the worst." I continued and looked at them. They just listened. "I want you to not look at the battlefield like you're going to die there. Because that's not the case. You are on the battlefield to protect the ones you love and the ones that can't protect themselves." Tommy opened his mout after that. "But what makes you so sure that we won't die?" he asked.

I looked at Techno. "Because we will fight by your side and we will also protect you. Even though it's obvious that both of you can protect themselves pretty well by now." Techno said and patted Tommys head as a comforting gesture. Tommy looked at him like a five year old who got praised. And to be honest it wasn't that far. He was only 17.

"Yes. Both of you will see people die. You will kill people in order to not die. But remember. Those people decided to be there. And those people decided to die as warriors that wanted to fight for their kingdom. It doesn't matter if they're enemies or friends. They fought for the thing they loved the most." I ended our speech and the princes looked a bit more relaxed than before. Of course they were still afraid but if they weren't, they wouldn't be human.

I sighed and smiled a bit as they left. "They are strong. They will fight well." Techno said and I nodded without looking at them. "It's cruel." I said and could almost feel his stare in my back. "They are so young. Tommy is only seventeen." I almost whispered. "You weren't any older." He said.

"I know but I chose to leave my kingdom." That was the main difference. I did it voluntary. They don't have a choice.