Chapter 2: The Wild Fairies!

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

Good afternoon, here is the next chapter of Mermaid Tail! I'm on a roll with this story; I hope to update again one more time today~! I am really enjoying writing this NaLu AU, I hope all are enjoying it as well~! I dedicate this chapter to SerenadeThis. She's a kind girl and has complimented me quite a bit! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, please vote and comment to support! Till next time, minna!

☯ ☯ ☯

The dock seemed to shake as all of the members of this pink-haired boy's crew climbed aboard. And as they all did, they did it with loud manners, and soon the entire deck was surrounding the mermaid-turned-Landwalker and captain.

"Who's this, Cap'n?!"

"She's a beauty!"

"Aw, that cat is so cute!"

"What's goin on?"

"Oi, all of ya!" the captain yelled, losing patience. "This girl washed up on the shore, apparently, and is trying to get back home. So we're goin to take her."

"What are you talking about, you idiot captain?" a voice replied, and Lucy looked over and saw a black-haired male who looked the same age as the pink-haired male. "We're after the treasure, aren't we? We can't suddenly steer away from the course!"

"We won't be, ya Brainfreeze. Where we're goin is where her home is."

All of them seemed lost, including the females, which Lucy was surprised and pleased to see.

"Her home is in the middle of the Obsidian?" a red-haired female asked, appalled. "There is no civilization there for miles."

This isn't good... Lucy thought, biting her lip.

"Have you ever been there, Erza?" the captain asked.

"Well no, Captain..."

"Then you don't know if the maps are wrong or right."

The scarlet haired women revealed to be Erza shrugged. "You have a point."

Lucy saw that the captain's shoulders had been tense while speaking to her. What, was the male afraid of this Erza woman?

"Natsu," a white haired woman replied, a hand on her hip. "You are the captain, but what made you decide to take this small girl in?"

Girl? Now, listen here...

"Trackers."

The deck was silent then, and Lucy felt a shudder run down her spine.

"Well then, let's begin to set sail for the next port! We need supplies for the beginning of this journey--" the captain, now known as Natsu, glanced at Lucy, who was still on the floor of the deck. "--and some clothes."

Natsu offered Lucy a hand, and she took it reluctantly, letting a whisper of a thank you escape her lips. He nodded, before gesturing to a few of the people that had remained where they were.

"This is Erza Scarlet, our trusted Quarter Master. She's pretty much my equal here on the ship. When I'm out of commission, Erza will take my place as the one in charge should something happen. She represents the crew's interests."