Chapter 9: The Danger of the Seas!

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

Yay! Here is another chapter for tonight! I'm at my dad's too, which is extra chaotic, yet I update for you guys. c; This chapter is dedicated to Imagine0139! Thank you for all the kind comments, I look forward to reading them every time I update! Song is to fit the entire mood of the chapter, I think...I hope you all enjoy it! The title is "Come Sail Away" by composers J2 and Seth Bowser! Well, until the next chapter, guys! Oh! don't forget to comment and vote. c; Lol, I'd really appreciate it! Love you all, enjoy this nice long chapter!!

☯ ☯ ☯

Lucy woke up with a smile on her face.

Once she had finished swimming with Natsu, they had retired, and he had carried her up into the hammock. Now, sitting up, the blonde looked at her hand she had touched Natsu's chest with, blushing slightly though the secretive smile stayed on her face.

When her feet hit the deck, she went straight to the navigation room, Levy and Wendy already inside. It was a small room, big enough for a few people and a large table. A circular window that showed the sky was on the right side of the room, a drawer with a lamp in the corner. Lucy stopped, however, when she saw that Natsu wasn't there yet.

"Ah! Good morning Lucy!" Levy exclaimed, smiling. "Natsu overslept, could you wake him up for me?"

Lucy wondered if him oversleeping was her fault. "Yeah, sure."

Feeling guilty and wondering if the dragon slayer would be annoyed, Lucy exited the navigation room and went towards his quarters, reaching for the door handle.

However, she stopped, her handing hovering over it.

Steam started to come out of the top of her head, her face reddening. What if he was changing? What if he was in the bath? How was she supposed to tell him to hurry up if he was there?! What if he was sleeping, that would be awkward--

"Lucy?"

The blonde jumped, jerking around to see Gray standing there with his hands in his pockets, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, Gray..."

"What are you going?" he asked, amused.

Lucy's expression was worried. "Levy told me Natsu overslept, and I came to wake him up, but..."

"Ah, just go in there and wake the bastard up. He oversleeps every once in awhile and I usually go in there and dump a bucket of water on 'im."

"O-Okay..." she muttered, grabbing the door handle.

Gray turned, waving. "I'll grab Erza and we'll meet you in the navigation room."

Lucy nodded, watching him leave. Then she turned back to face Natsu's door, deciding to knock first.

There was no answer.

Sighing, Lucy slowly let the door creak open, her eyes adjusting to the darkness inside. It was pretty dim in here, but not complete darkness.

When her eyes adjusted, Lucy looked across the room and spotted Natsu on his bed, still asleep. Snoring slightly, the covers were tangled around his legs and he had one arm by his side and another covering his eyes. Laying on his back, he was shirtless again, only in his white trousers. Happy was still resting on the edge of the bed, but as Lucy let the door close behind her, the blue cat raised his head and meowed.