Chapter 16: The Beauty of the Sea (Final)

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2017

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

Here is the FINAL CHAPTER of Mermaid Tail, everyone! Wow, it makes me sad to see it end. It's been a long journey for this story, and I've had many moments where I didn't think I'd be able to finish it. Well, here we are! It's kind of sad that there are only sixteen parts, but I didn't want to drag the story on for much longer since the plot was mostly finished! I am sorry if it wasn't as long as you hoped! ;m; The song is "Castle On the Hill" by Ed Sheeran

A thank you to all who are my fans. You guys keep me going, and you all helped shape me into the adult I am today! I always think of you guys even when I'm off of Wattpad for awhile! Fairy Tail is also ending soon, just like how this story is now over with this chapter. I think I will cry when it ends, haha! It's been so many years since I started reading Fairy Tail, and I can't believe it will soon come to a close. Before long, we will no longer be waiting for chapters! That is crazy to me! I hope you all enjoy this chapter. And, for the last time for this story...

Thank you.

☯ ☯ ☯

"Miss Lucy?"

The blonde mer-girl blinked, her eyes currently staring at the plaque with her father's name on it. Next to it was her mother's, and other members of the Heartfilia Clan throughout this field.

Yet with the call of her name, Lucy turned around, facing a younger boy who had served as her messenger since she'd gotten back.

"Yes, what is it?" she asked, surprised.

"It's about time for your meeting with the the head of the council."

Ah, right. Lucy had almost forgotten. For a moment, she looked up, seeing nothing but the blue of the Obsidian Sea above her. A whale had just finished passing with its baby, and the sun's rays barely reached the bottom of the sea floor here. Which, compared to other levels of the ocean, wasn't that deep at all.

With one last look at her father's plaque, she nodded to her messenger and took the lead, swimming back inside the mansion she used to call home.

When she had returned, the clan had been trying to find a solution to who would rule in place of Lucy and her father. At the time, they believed she would not return, and with the death of the king, no one knew what to do. However, since the council still existed, they temporarily took up the position of running the clan.

Lucy thought when she'd get back home, she'd only see it as a duller form of what it used to be, just like she did after her mother died. However, it had changed--she came home to see new opportunity for it, and that the colors had returned. She had hope.

Lucy could see the beauty of the sea again.

And she knew exactly who had given it to her.

"Our border patrol is doing fine," Lucy was now saying, floating in front of the six council members sitting in chairs around her. "And in fact, the hunting is plentiful and we were able to disable the Lost Mist."