Chapter 13: A Fairy Rescue

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

I've updated, yess! I couldn't leave you guys anxious like that for long, haha! This chapter hopefully is gonna get you guys really pumped up! I have had this done since this morning, but I've been getting school supplies (ew.) for my senior year. c: Song is "Hated You From Hello" by Downplay! I'm sure some of you have heard this in an amv or two, haha.

I dedicate this chapter to hikari011! I love all her comments and laugh at a lot of them; thank you so much for following this story. You and all my other fans mean so much to me! I hope you all enjoy this story, and please don't forget to comment and vote! The feedback is greatly appreciated, since it helps encourage me to write more nalu fan fictions for you guys! c; Lol, enjoy, and until next time~!

☯ ☯ ☯

They made it by sundown at Natantis, and everything seemed to be normal. Natsu was rearing to get off the ship, but they needed to dock properly first. Once the anchor had lowered and the ropes were tied, Natsu and the others didn't bother to lower the ramp, and instead just jumped over the side and landed on the dock, looking ahead.

Everything seemed normal with the townspeople, all of them carrying on their day as normal.

"Where could their hideout be?" Gray muttered, looking around on Natsu's right.

Natsu sniffed the air, flinching when he caught the scent of Kane and Lucy. But it was so faint he thought it'd been a mistake, but as he moved forward, it only continued to decorate the air.

"Can you smell her scent, Natsu?" Wendy asked, looking at him hopefully.

"Ah. We need to hurry, though, cause it's fading pretty quick."

They began to advance forward, the other crew climbing from the ship, and Plue joined Natsu's side as the other cats stayed on the ship. But just as they were about to take a step off the docks, people began to be shoved, shouting in surprise as armored Trackers pushed their way through the crowd. People began to run, leaving the area until the docks were completely covered with only Trackers, an estimated two hundred.

Gray smirked. "So the bastards know we're here already, huh?"

Erza stepped forward. "Natsu, go with Gray and Wendy and move forward. The rest of us will take it from here."

"Fine, but I want to knock 'em out too," the pinkette muttered, his expression showing unfairness. "Let's go!"

"Right!" Gray and Wendy exclaimed, following after him and Plue as he scaled over the soldiers.

Lucy had fallen asleep while waiting for Blight, and she was confused when she woke, the sun still in the sky. Why was it that Blight hadn't come and done another "session" with her? Did he forget?

She scoffed. Blight wouldn't forget; he wouldn't pass up an opportunity to torture Lucy and get information out of her. The pain in her legs was still strong, and she could barely move, and sleep had temporarily relieved her of that pain. Yet to her horror, the pain was beginning to ebb away, even though she knew it was going strong. She was beginning to be in so much pain that it was fading away, just like Blight had told her that morning.