Chapter 5: Song of Emotion

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

MAN has it been crazy lately. Well, it's all good because I have just updated, haha! It feels great, too. Here's the thing though--this chapter was going to be too long, so as soon as I literally write a few more pages of the next chapter, it'll be up! In other words, it'll be up tonight as well!! I hope that makes up for the recent silence of this story!

Song is what Lucy is singing. I loved this anime and really enjoyed the song, so yeah! I dedicate this chapter to _SunlightBae_, who has recently made me so happy with all her comments! She's so nice and I really am delighted to see her enjoying this story so much! I hope this makes your day, even if it is just a little thing! Also, please minna, support me by commenting and voting! You all have done AMAZING with that so far, so I thank you~! Well, I hope you all enjoy!! Till the next chapter (which is very very soon, haha!)

☯ ☯ ☯

When Lucy awoke, she felt like she had been run over by a stampede of men.

Her side was burning as she woke up, and she cursed the non-deadly poison that sirens bathed the tips of their spears in. She recognized herself to be in Natsu's quarters, remembering the feel of the sheets the first night of her stay. At first, she began to panic when there was no sign of Plue, but then saw him sleeping in his large white wolf form on the floor next to the bed. Relaxing, she realized she could move her limbs, though sore. She just couldn't sit up; her shirt was pulled up just enough to reveal the wound, as if someone had worked on it recently.

Inspecting the wrapping, she saw her healing had been enough to stop the bleeding, and she was on the road to having it heal. It'd be a week, at least, until her wound would be completely healed with the use of her healing properties; siren poison was some tough stuff.

She wanted to talk to Wendy, however; she wanted to tell her not to get down about not being able to use her healing magic on her; siren poison was cursed so that no magic could heal the wounds inflicted upon by the weapons. However, as the rival creature of the sirens, mermaids were strong enough to counteract their poison, even if just a little bit. Lucy didn't know how they enchanted the poison, since they were not magical creatures capable to use spells and curses.

How long had she been out? Judging by the outside, it was the middle of the day, a sunny one too. One that seemed to have erased the night's events away as if they'd never happened.

"Plue..."

The shapeshifter's ears perked, and with a quick rise, the wolf was howling in relief. Careful not to hurt her more, Plue jumped onto the bed and licked her face, making the girl giggle severely. Whining because he was so happy, the white wolf nuzzled her face before changing into a dog, curling up next to her.

Lucy chuckled. "It's good to see you're okay too, buddy. Could you get Natsu--"

The blonde mer-girl flinched when she heard the door slam open, and she looked over to see a heavy breathing Natsu standing there with a hand on the door. His expression was assuming, and when he saw that Lucy indeed was awake, his shoulders sagged in relief.

"Natsu...?" Lucy murmured, surprised. "How'd you know that I was awake already?"

With a relieved expression, Natsu walked over and sat down next to the bed on a nearby stool. He rested his elbows on his knees, his long jacket slung over his shoulders and sword attached to his waist.