Chapter 7: Unsure Future

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

Weeee, another chapter! And you guys didn't have to wait long for this one, yay! Late night inspiration is so weird, and I always write better at night. Strange, huh? Well then, I dedicate this chapter to Xansievera...wow, just wow. Those comments you have given me...are so amazing, well thought out, and just...ugh! Thank you so much, I have no words! I hope to continue to see such detailed comments from you, you don't know how much I look forward to them and get so happy when reading them! Thank you so much! 

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Song is "Can't Keep Waiting" by Autumn Hill! Hope you like it! As always, please comment and vote to show your support, I always and will forever greatly appreciate it! <3 Enjoy the chapter minna, and until the next one! <3

☯ ☯ ☯

Sir Heinrik Kane, the current captain of the Trackers and once of the Natantis army, stood, facing the man considered beneath him. "Have you found her yet or not, Blight?"

There at the front of the room, which was decorated in stone and lavish red and gold carpet, was the man that had cursed a familiar blonde mermaid. Properly cloaked in his red clothing, the symbol the girl had been too dizzy to see was a jagged sword. Now revealed with the name Blight Corture, his posture was stiff and his skin pale, his eyes a hazy blue. Blight's hair was a light brown, short as well; a plain, unnoticeable character, but one Lucy herself wouldn't forget so easily.

Sir Kane, however, was regal. With black hair and a black mustache, his eyes were dark, the color uncertain to be a dark brown or black. With a square jaw and broad shoulders, a sword hung at his hip as he dressed in his leading red uniform of the Trackers. He wore a heavy coat over his shoulders, the sleeves unused as he let his arms rest next to his sides. A long pink scar trailed from his jawline to his left collarbone, sticking out on his darker skin.

Blight flinched at the question. "Sir, she has had help from an outside source, and seems to be strong despite the curse I laid on her."

"Who is accompanying her?"

"The Fairy Tail crew, sir."

"What?!" the captain roared, and the lower soldier cringed. "Those pests?! They've ruined trade between other groups of my agreement before, though they weren't aware. Now they must interfere with my plans here? How abhorrent!"

"Aye, I couldn't agree more sir," Blight piped in, "but we've got a trail on them, and we can snatch the mermaid quick ye see?"

"You must," Sir Kane ordered, sitting back in his seat, "or you yourself will pay the price."

"Do not worry, sir," Blight answered as a smirk slid up his face. "I've got just the thing."

Lucy sat on the deck of the ship, her eyebrows furrowed in question. In the background, she heard the noises of the crew shouting to each other, particularly Gray's voice exclaiming orders. They had just left the port of Natantis, and were continuing their journey, the island disappearing over the water.