Chapter 3: Reana and the Trackers

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

Woohoo, another chapter in the same day! Yay! This one has a little bit more NaLu development, so there's that treat for ya! I hope you all enjoy it! This chapter's dedication goes out to ChiSatO1, someone who has really stuck with me and my stories. Thank you so much for reading this one as well! Please, don't forget to comment and vote everyone, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you in advance! Until tomorrow, minna!

☯ ☯ ☯

As the ramp lowered, Lucy looked out over Reana, an island she had only seen on the horizon during her travel away from home. Last night she had played with Plue in the water, enjoying the fact that she had her tail back even if it was for a short time. They had strayed far from the ship together, and Lucy longed to keep swimming, not go home, and continue on her adventure, but she knew that when the sun came up, she'd have her legs again.

So they'd returned, earlier than what they'd expected. Her tail had glowed two hours before sunrise, so she could still get at least five hours of sleep when she'd returned to the hammock. It'd been easy to reboard the ship, and everything had been quite still, as if no one had even stirred since she'd left seven hours ago. She'd been tired and had fallen right to sleep, having swam for so long. Even when she was a mermaid, she'd get tired, but much slower than if she'd swam with her legs. If she could swim with her legs.

And now, she was standing next to Natsu, who was ordering the ramp to be lowered.

The island was fairly large. Forests were off in the distance, but a large city resided at the forefront of the island. Docks stretched all the way along the side of the island, shops lined the shore and extended into the city. Wooden signs high in the sky showed just how many there were, put there so that they wouldn't be missed in this crowded city. People, families and children cruised the streets with their daily Landwalker lives, and Lucy was awed by it all.

This was Reana.

"You're so awed," Natsu replied, smiling. "What, never seen a city before?" Lucy shook her head. "Really? Well, you'll love this then. They have all sorts of great food."

"Captain," Erza called, walking up behind him. "Gajeel will go get weapon supplies with Alzack, including wooden beams to restore the ship's hull incase of damage. Levy and Wendy must purchase new maps, and I shall go retrieve the food supplies we'll need over the next month or two."

"Sounds like a plan, Erza," Natsu replied, smirking. "I'll take Lucy with me."

There was a small meow, and at first Lucy had thought it was Plue, but the white cat was already perched on her shoulder. Both her and Natsu looked down, and there was Happy, rubbing his back on the captain's legs. Then, the blue cat climbed up his clothing and perched on his master's shoulder, rubbing the top of his head into Natsu's cheek.

The pinkette chuckled. "Happy will be with me as well."

"Roger that, Captain."

Lucy followed after Natsu as they walked down the ramp, and Gray stayed behind with the rest of the crew. As they began to split up, Lucy said goodbye for now to the others, sticking behind Natsu as she sported an empty leather sack on her back for a reason she didn't know.