Chapter 15: The Night

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2017

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

WELL. It's been how long? A year?? Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry...It's been crazy. I'm an adult now, so I had my first year of college! And let me tell you, for those younger people reading this--enjoy high school while you can. Being an adult SUCKS. Sure, the freedom is nice, but I already miss the easiness of high school. Now I have to worry about textbook fees, loans, a job, food, where I'm living, etc! I also think that you mature more in one year of college than in four years of high school, haha!

But please enjoy this chapter my friends! It's long overdue~!

☯ ☯ ☯

A loud thunk was heard as the last Tracker fell at Erza's feet. With a slash across her cheek and blood dripping down her palm, she changed back into her normal pirate's outfit, exhausted. All around her, other Fairy Tail members were on the ground, finished. Tracker's unconscious bodies were floating on the surface of the bay, slouched on the docks, in a pile of splintered barrels, through busted walls, and covered in busted bags of flour set up at one of the nearby stalls.

"We did it," Elfman sighed tiredly, plopping down onto the deck.

Erza turned back to her crewmates, smiling proudly at them. "Good work, everyone!"

"Aye!"

"We did it!"

"Erza!"

Realizing who the last voice belonged to, the scarlet-haired mage turned and looked across the way, seeing Wendy and Gray racing down the slope of the sidewalk. Wendy was beat up and Gray had a good bash to his head; other than that, they seemed okay.

"Are you guys alright?" she asked anyway, hearing Gray's heavy breathing. "Where's Plue?"

"Fine!" Wendy exclaimed, looking around at the other members. "He disappeared to keep going to find Lucy. Does anyone need healing?"

"Yes, some people on the ship should be healed for safety," Erza replied, turning her attention to Gray. "Natsu and Lucy?"

"They're still up there," the Ice Mage answered, his eyebrows knit together.

Erza nodded once, understanding and then turning back to the rest of the crew. "Mira! You're in charge now. Gray and I will be heading up to help Natsu and Lucy! Wendy, stay here and take care of the crew."

"Got it!"

Kane was thrown back against the wall, rubble flying in all directions. Lucy's hand was up, palm wide and her breath heavy. Natsu stood beside her, his sword alight.

"Woah," the pink-haired mage muttered, grinning. "You gotta teach me that!"

Lucy couldn't help a small twitch of her lips in amusement.

"Alright!" Fairy Tail's captain began. "Time to serve some barbeque!"

The dragon slayer rushed forward, his sword trailing behind him. Kane's eyes opened back up from being shut tightly in pain, lifting his sword up just at the right moment to block Natsu's blow. Just as their blades made contact, Kane shoved his heel forward and kicked Natsu right in the gut, sending him flying back a couple of paces before the fire mage regained his footing. However, it was far enough that Kane was able to rise back to his feet.

Mermaid Tail {A NaLu AU}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें