Chapter 14: Breaking the Silence

Mermaid Tail by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2016

☯ ☯ ☯

Disclaimer: These characters will be as close to the personalities of the original characters, but some moments will be OOC, to fit the story. I hope you enjoy!

☯ ☯ ☯

I AM ALIVE FFF I PROMISE. It has been five months. FIVE. MONTHS. That's how long it's been since I've last updated this story, can you believe it? You guys must have gone crazy by now, I'm sorry! ;m; But it's here now, yay! And it's going full force!! The song above is a recent song that just came out, and it's currently my favorite song ever. ;o; Ugh my gosh I am so addicted! The song is called "Trapped" by The Word Alive, I hope you enjoy it if you like the same music as I do!

I dedicate this fresh chapter to Angelvt. You always support me and are one of the first people to comment on important announcements of mine and give me your encouragement! c': Thank you so much for that, my friend! I wish I could dedicate this chapter to all of my fans, however. All of you guys have been so patient for this next chapter and I couldn't be more grateful!! That is why I hope you enjoy it so much! Please comment and tell me what you think by voting, ne? I will try to reply to as many comments as I can! <3

☯ ☯ ☯

"Erza!"

The scarlet-haired female jerked her head up, seeing Alzack leaning over the side of the ship.

"What is it, Alzack?" she exclaimed, other members of the crew around her fighting off the mass amount of Trackers.

"Look at the fortress!"

The female mage did as she was told, turning on her heel to see explosions of fire escaping from the base, smoke rising into the atmosphere. Clouds had gathered in the sky, and for once Natantis seemed to be foreboding, far from its beautiful and heart-felt nature the island of festivities usually created.

Elfman grinned. "Captain is getting to work, just like a man!"

"We have to do our share here!" Erza replied, a mix of an amused and determined expression on her face.

"Are you going to change, Erza?" Levy asked excitedly, behind her as Gajeel fighted not too far away. "You don't use your magic very much!"

The scarlet-haired mage nodded, her form beginning to light at her feet. "This is finally an occasion I can go all out!"

She used her renown Requip magic and changed into her Heaven's Wheel armor, holding a sword out in front of her. Many Trackers stood back, but with one leap, Erza was on them and making them fly backwards into their other comrades, knocking them down for the count. She ducked as a spear sailed over her head, cutting it in half to put the weapon out of commission, the wood clattering to the stone street under her feet. Shoving her shoulder into another, Erza swung her dual blades horizontally, taking out seven at once.

"That's Erza for you!" Mira exclaimed, getting in on the action beside her.

She was about to lunge, using her Take Over to change into her Satan Soul, but a lightning bolt came down from the sky and attacked the forces in front of her. It forced Mira to block her eyes instinctively, but once it cleared, charred armor containing defeated Trackers lay in front of her. She looked up to the ship, and there standing on the railing was Laxus, his arms crossed and his coat billowing in the bay breeze. His eyes were looking down at her, his face raised, a small lift on one side of his lips.