Chapter 106: Departure

Xiao Yan walked out of the auction house to stand at the crowded crossroads of the street. He gazed upon the city he had known for more than ten years for a long while before letting out a lonely sigh. As he tightly clenched his fist, as if to boost his morale, he softly said to himself: "The outside world will definitely be more exciting..." Xiao Yan smiled as he threw off the last bit of depression in his heart and walking forward step by step, he disappeared into the crowd.

After preparing all the supplies, Xiao Yan decided to relax and quietly enjoyed a peaceful routine for the remaining two days. Understanding Xiao Yan's mood, Yao Lao did not say anything to disturb him and allowed Xiao Yan to plan his days.

The perceptive Xun was able to sense something from the tranquilness of Xiao Yan during these two days, thus the little lass accompanied him whenever she had time; her lively eyes were filled with reluctance and yearning.

Faced with this tag along, Xiao Yan felt somewhat helpless. The only thing he could do was softly console Xun when they were alone together which improved her mood by a bit.

As Xiao Yan walked on a small path in the clan, he lazily stretched his back. Today was the day that he would leave, in fact he had just seen his father to inform him about his plans.

Although Xiao Zhan was extremely reluctant at the news of Xiao Yan leaving, he clearly knew that Xiao Yan could not be confined to the tiny Wu Tan City and given his talent, only in the endless skies of the outside world would he be able to soar to his heart's content.

When an eagle chick grows up, it will soar in the skies!

"Yan-er, in the future, if you have a chance to, you can go to the Stone Desert City just outside of the Jia Ma Empire to look around. Your first and second elder brothers have already established themselves there. In these past few years, they founded a mercenary group called 'Desert Steel', which has become a considerable force in that area."

As Xiao Yan thought back to what his father had told him in the study, a small smile appeared on his face. After going through the Coming of Age Ceremony, his two brothers left home to experience the world and at that time, father was not the clan leader. In the recent years, probably due to the fact that it was a long journey back or because they were busy with their mercenary group, they seldom returned to Wu Tan City. Yet Xiao Yan still remembered the brotherly ties they had when they were younger.

"Xiao Yan." The gentle and soft voice of a woman caused Xiao Yan to stop mid step as he was making a turn on the path. Lifting his head to look at the beautiful lady by the roadside, he could not help but smile and ask, "Instructor Ruo Lin, shouldn't you be at the enrollment tent?"

"I came back to take some things. Currently, Xun is taking over for me." With a light smile, Instructor Ruo Lin slowly stepped forward as her gaze swept over Xiao Yan before softly inquiring: "Planning to leave?"

"Yeah." Xiao Yan rubbed his nose as he nodded.

"Have you informed Yu'er and Xun?"

"It's alright. Else they become emotional when we part, it is better to quietly leave." Shrugging his shoulders, Xiao Yan smiled.

"It might be easy for you, but others might be saddened by this." Instructor Ruo Lin gave a stare of rebuke to Xiao Yan before lapsing into silence for a moment. Soon after, she tenderly said: "I hope a year later, I will hear news of someone clashing with the Misty Cloud Faction."

Slightly shocked, Xiao Yan smiled and nodded. After having stayed in the clan for a few days, there would be a few loud mouths who would talk about the situation between Nalan Yanran and himself, thus Xiao Yan did not inquire on how she knew.