Chapter 115: Danger at the Cave Entrance

On the precipitous cliff, two shadows appeared under the bright glow of the moon.

"Shall we start?"

Xiao Yan took a step forward to gaze at the pitch-black space beyond cliff before turning to smile and ask the Fairy Doctor who was clothed tightly in black.

Slightly nodding her head, the Fairy Doctor squatted down to pick up a few pieces of dry sticks before swiftly binding them together, forming two torches. She sprinkled some light yellow powder over them and then found a fire source to light the torches.

"Take this." Handing over the torch to Xiao Yan, the Fairy Doctor once again fished out a long rope and waved it at Xiao Yan, smiling while saying, "As a man, you won't let a weak girl like me be the vanguard right?"

Xiao Yan held up the torch and pulled at the rope with all his strength, after making sure that there were no problems with it. He then cast a glance towards the smiling Fairy Doctor, shook his head, and coolly replied, "Let us go down together, I can't be at ease if I trust my back to someone I have not known for long."

"You...... do you really have no manliness?"

Being doubted by Xiao Yan made the Fairy Doctor feel indignant. Usually, the mercenaries she met were rather outspoken and straightforward, she rarely saw someone like Xiao Yan who was cautious even towards a weak girl like her who was only a Dou Practitioner.

"I only have one life and I can't afford to gamble with it, acting like a hero in front of a beauty would put myself into danger...... *chuckles*, might as well forget it." Xiao Yan ignored the Fairy Doctor, his tone remained as calm as water.

"You......"

"Still planning on going down? If there are any more delays, it would be morning." Xiao Yan slanted back his head as he smiled while asking.

"Go!" Gazing at Xiao Yan's repulsive smile, the Fairy Doctor could only grit her teeth and stamp her little feet hatefully.

With a faint smile, Xiao Yan tied the rope to a large and sturdy tree. Once more testing it with all his might before spreading his arms to gesture for the Fairy Doctor to enter his embrace, "Come here."

"I have my own rope, I don't need your help!" When she saw Xiao Yan's action, the Fairy Doctor abruptly stumbled back a few steps, her charming face flushing with shades of bashfulness and anger as she exclaimed.

"Alright then. You can go solo but I'd like to remind you that no one can guarantee that there will be no poisonous snakes, scorpions or mice...... under the cliff tonight." Xiao Yan nonchalantly smiled and said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"You bastard. You will definitely die a horrible death!"

A black shadow ferociously threw itself at Xiao Yan and the latter, extending out his palm, grabbed it with his hand. Taking a look, he discovered that it was the bundle of rope that was originally in the Fairy Doctor's hands.

"If you dare to try any funny business, I will definitely poison you to death!"

In the wake of the Fairy Doctor's threat, a fragrant breeze blew towards Xiao Yan. Shortly, a soft and tender body crashed into his embrace.

The soft and tender body that crashed into his embrace felt like it also crashed into the bottom of his heart, causing his heart to tremble uncontrollably.

Sighing deeply, Xiao Yan pushed down the stirring fire in his heart. Xiao Yan reached out with his arm to wrap around the slim waist he had once praised as the highest quality. With both arms tightly drawing the soft and slender waist towards himself, Xiao Yan momentarily lost his wits.