Chapter 110: Fairy Doctor

Blood Lotus Essence was an extremely rare high-grade medicinal ingredient. This kind of medicinal ingredient usually grew together with the Yellow Lotus Essence. Its rarity and similar appearance with the Yellow Lotus Essence made it difficult for someone who was unfamiliar with them to differentiate between the two. Had Yao Lao not exclaimed when Xiao Yan first saw this item, a novice like him would never have been able to discover that this ordinary looking thing was actually a rare medicinal ingredient that he had been searching for.

Blood Lotus Essence was also one of the key ingredients in making a 'Blood Lotus Essence Pill'. When speaking of the 'Blood Lotus Essence Pill', it was also necessary to bring up the strange Qi Technique 'Flame Mantra' that Xiao Yan was practicing.

It should be known that the evolution of 'Flame Mantra' requires the consumption of a Heavenly Flame. Swallowing the Heavenly Flame, however, was not something safe. The Heavenly Flame was extremely violent and it also possessed terrifying destructive properties. Even the special metals that were renowned for its hardness, would be unable to withstand being barbequed to the high temperature of the Heavenly Flame, much less a person's body.

Thus, in order to successfully consume the Heavenly Flame into the body, refine, then absorb it, some extremely cumbersome things must be prepared.

This 'Blood Lotus Essence Pill' was the most important one amongst them.

After consuming the 'Blood Lotus Essence Pill', a strange bloody layer will be formed on the surface of a person. This bloody layer can withstand being exposed to extreme heat. Only with its help could one get close to the Heavenly Flame and search for a chance to undertake the next step.

Xiao Yan had tried looking for necessary items that Yao Lao had told him of within Wu Tan City but it was to no avail. He did not expect that not long after reaching a new place, he would luckily find this rare Blood Lotus Essence.

Xiao Yan great mental strength allowed him to completely hide the extreme happiness in his heart and under the impatient eyes of the shop assistant, he randomly played with the Blood Lotus Essence in front of him. After being silent for awhile, he smilingly asked, "Are there any more Yellow Lotus Essence in this stop. I would like to buy in bulk."

Hearing this, the shop assistant was slightly stunned. He suspiciously swept his eyes across Xiao Yan. Although the Yellow Lotus Essence was only priced at only a hundred gold a piece, if it was bought in bulk, it would still require quite a hefty price.

After his suspicious gaze was shifted to the Space Ring on Xiao Yan finger, the misgivings on the shop assistant's face quickly disappeared and was replaced with a flattering smile, "Mister, please wait for a moment. I will immediately go and get them."

Xiao Yan nodded with a smile. He did not continue to focus his attention on the rare Blood Lotus Essence in his hand, Instead, he searched the countertop for other things, acting as though nothing had happened.

Not long after the shop assistant left, he hurriedly returned and placed the small wooden box he was carrying on the countertop. He smile and said, "Mister, there are fifty three Yellow Lotus Essences here. Are you planning to buy all of them?"

Xiao Yan smiled but did not answer. His gaze swept across the Yellow Lotus Essence in the wooden box. A moment later, disappointment flashed across his eyes; he did not find a second Blood Lotus Essence amongst the Yellow Lotus Essence.

Xiao Yan let out a disappointed sigh from his heart but maintained a smiling face. From within the box, he randomly chose over twenty pieces before placing the Blood Lotus Essence among them. Facing the shop assistant he said, "Help me pack this and calculate."