Chapter 109: Blood Lotus Essence

The scorching sun blazed as the high temperature caused the surface of the ground to crack open. When the sole stepped on the hard soil, a sudden heatwave would rush into the sole, causing travelers to drip with sweat while cursing at the awful weather.

On the wide yellow road, a youngster dressed in common clothes was sweating heavily as he struggled to walk. Every step the youngster made smashed heavily into the ground as if it was not a foot but a ton of weight, splashing forth a cloud of yellow dust.

If one were to take a closer look, one would be surprised to see that the youngster carried a humongous black broadsword on his back. Rather than saying it was a broadsword with no edge or a sharp tip, it might as well be called a giant metal ruler. At the top, it was as if it had been cut in half by a knife, revealing a horizontal smooth mirror like surface.

On the surface of the pitch-black broadsword, there were fuzzy and bizarre veined patterns. The veined patterns continued until the hilt, nearly pervading every inch of the sword. These patterns gave the ruler a special mysteriousness that overwhelmed its simple pitch-black color.

The length of the monstrous broadsword almost exceeded the youngster's height. This bizarre combination caused the occasional travellers to cast looks of curiosity towards him.

Having once again travelled a few hundred meters, the youngster finally could not take it anymore. Like a windmill, his mouth continuously gasped for air as he dragged his feet which felt like they weighed a thousand pounds towards the shade of a big tree by the roadside.

As the youngster reached the bottom of the tree, he immediately collapsed, face toward the sky. With his head planted on the cooling grass, the sweat on his forehead flowed downward like a small stream.

"Teacher, this thing...... it's too terrifying. After carrying it on my back..... the Dou Qi circulating within my body became slow and sluggish. Furthermore, isn't this god forsaken thing way too heavy? What should have been a one day journey has already become two days, moreover we have yet to reach our destination!" Xiao Yan heavily gasped as he spit out these words, his voice was already somewhat hoarse from the over exertion.

"Hei hei. The training has already formally started, you couldn't have expected that it was as simple as roaming about right? Since it is called tough training, you should prepare to enjoy the most hellish treatment. The cozy life in Wu Tan City is already far from your reach." Within the ring, the sadistic and aged laughter of Yao Lao could be heard.

Hearing these words, Xiao Yan smiled bitterly and shook his head, slightly leaning to one side. From the corner of his eye, he looked at the bladeless black broadsword on his back with horror.

He did not expect that this ordinary looking object would be so frightening. Not only did it turn the rapid Dou Qi within his body sluggish, it was also disgustingly heavy such that Xiao Yan almost broke his back while using all his strength to make his Dou Qi flow.

During these two days, Xiao Yan finally tasted the true meaning of weariness.

When Xiao Yan carried this weird black broadsword on his back, his fighting strength was comparable to that of a newly advanced Dou Practitioner. Although the black broadsword constrained him greatly, this constraining effect helped to ease Xiao Yan's worries of letting his true strength be found out by others. As he was just a lone traveler journeying through unfamiliar places, it would be foolish of him to so easily reveal his true strength to others.

Lightly rubbing the Storage Ring on his finger, a light green pill appeared in the palm of his hand. This was a pretty effective Qi Recovering Pill which was able to increase one's Dou Qi recovery rate over a short period of time.