Chapter 111: Joining a Team

The night quietly slipped by. When the sky began to brighten the next morning, the sleeping Xiao Yan opened his eyes punctually. During this period of living in the wild, he managed to accurately tune his internal clock.

After a night of deep sleep, the exhaustion that originated from deep within his body had completely vanished and was replaced by a great vigor.

From his bed, he sat up and crossed his legs, adopting the training pose before he once again closed his eyes. The early morning hours were the best time to train his Dou Qi. Moreover, Dou Qi training was like rowing a boat against the flow. If one did not advance, one would fall behind; only by persevering could one truly succeed.

Following the increasingly steady breathing of Xiao Yan, the calm air around him suddenly acted like a wave as it began to oscillate, emitting a continuous stream of Dou Qi.

After the previous day's intense training, Xiao Yan's skin was like a sponge. As long as any part of his skin came into contact with the Dou Qi around him, his numerous pores would rush to open and greedily swallow the continuous stream of Dou Qi.

While his pores were greedily swallowing the Dou Qi, most of the Dou Qi around Xiao Yan was being sucked into his body through his breath. Then, they passed through a few specially selected Qi paths predetermined by the Qi method. It was subsequently refined and slowly deposited by Xiao Yan into a small, ever suspending, cyclone within him.

The Dou Qi training continued for over an hour. Only when the room was completely lit by the sunlight passing through the window did Xiao Yan finally stop and break his stance. A mouthful of slightly feculent breath was slowly released.

Xiao Yan's black eyes gradually opened and a pale yellow light flashed within them before subsequently disappearing into the deepest part of his eyes.

"At this rate, I might be able to become a five star Dou Practitioner in half a year's time. Unexpectedly, this tough training is so effective." Xiao Yan stretched lazily and upon hearing the bone cracking sound from within his body, a smile appeared on Xiao Yan's face.

"Today, I will be entering the Magic Beast Mountain Range."

After jumping off the bed, Xiao Yan briefly washed his face in his room before walking back to the bedside and helplessly staring at the strange black broadsword.

Bending his legs slightly, Xiao Yan let out a deep breath. His arms bent slightly and like an eagle claw, firmly grabbed the sword's hilt. His feet stepped heavily on the ground as he called in a low voice, "Rise!"

With Xiao Yan's Dou Qi revolving around them, the strength of his arms was sufficient to chop down a large tree. When this kind of strength was used on the huge sword, however, it was barely enough to slowly lift it off the ground.

Xiao Yan bent his back forward; his face was already red and his breath was becoming ragged. With another low cry, the huge sword was finally thrown onto his back, instantly causing his body to sink towards the ground. Luckily, Xiao Yan was prepared. He clenched his teeth and a moment later, his body slowly straightened.

"Dammit, it's too scary..." Xiao Yan bitterly said as he wiped the cold perspiration from his forehead.

After patting his palm on the huge black sword, Xiao Yan once again opened his stride and headed out of his room. After adapting for a few days, he no longer caused the ground to tremor each time he took a step while carrying the huge sword on his back.

Within the Magic Beast Mountain Range, the Magic beasts roamed, filling the place with danger. Walking alone within it would easily attract an attack from these Magic beasts. Therefore, other than those who were very strong, most mercenaries formed groups before entering the Magic Beast Mountain Range.