Chapter 107: Misty Cloud Faction

The Misty Cloud Faction was one of the top forces in the Jia Ma Empire. Its headquarters was built on top of a majestic mountain, located only slightly over five kilometers from the capital of the Jia Ma Empire. The mountain, because of the faction's name, became known as the Misty Cloud Mountain.

Misty Cloud Mountain was a most precipitous place. Three of its sides were cliffs and there was only one road that led to the Mountain's summit: a dangerous place which was easy to defend, but hard to lay siege to. Moreover, the faction's disciples tightly patrolled the mountain, making the entire mountain a small fortress.

The Jia Ma Empire installed a garrison manned by 50,000 horsemen, located just one kilometer from the foot of the Misty Cloud Mountain in the name of defending the capital. However, everyone could see that this was a move by the leader of the empire to guard against this ferocious tiger that was close to the capital.

The mountain summit at the back of Misty Cloud Mountain was shouldered by cloud and fog, appearing much like paradise.

On a black rock jutting from the edge of the mountain cliff a white clad young lady meditated: she was training with her eyes closed, breathing in and out in a perfect cycle. In the time between each cycle, the thick energy in the surrounding air would release a pale green air-steam, which would spiral around the lady's body before being continuously absorbed into the body, undergoing refinement, storage...

After the final tread of green air-flow was absorbed into the lady's body, she slowly opened her eyes with an arc of green flashing across it. Her shoulder length black hair was lifted by the wind and floated in the air.

"Nalan senior, mister Nalan Su has arrived at the Misty Cloud Faction. He says he wishes to see you." Seeing that the young lady had finally left her training mode, a female servant, who had been waiting for a long time, hurriedly, but respectfully asked.

"Father? Why is he here?"

Having heard the servant, the lady, as she gracefully rose, furrowed her brow and shook her head with suspicion. As she stood at the cliff's edge, the wind brushed past, pressing her clothes against her exquisite and lovely form: presenting her in the form of a goddess.

After lazily sweeping her gaze towards the seemingly bottomless space below the cliff, the lady's hand lightly brushed her moon white dress before she spun around and left the training ground that was specially reserved for her.

Nearby, in a spacious and bright large hall, a somewhat gloomy looking middle-aged man was sipping at his tea cup. His other hand was steadily knocking on the table's surface in an irritated manner.

Nalan Su was extremely fidgety and on edge after his father, Nalan Jie, had almost used a pole to beat him up to the Misty Cloud Faction.

He did not expect that the year in which he led troops to garrison at the western side of the empire, his audacious daughter would dare to privately end the engagement that his father had arranged.

There was no one in the Nalan clan who did not know that Nalan Jie was extremely concerned about his reputation. Nalan YanRan's actions would undoubtedly cause others to say that the Nalan family had no honor. All the more, because she refused to be united through marriage in Xiao Clan in Xiao Yan's weakness.

This kind of gossip had caused Nalan Jie to fly into a daily rage at home. Was it not for the fact that he was paralysed, he would have dragged his dying body and climbed the Misty Cloud Mountain himself.

Truthfully, regarding the marriage between the Nalan Clan and the Xiao Clan, Nalan Su was also not that supportive either. After all, the Xiao Yan then was almost like the spokesperson for the label 'Cripple'. Having him allow his daughter, with her great beauty and talent, to marry a useless person was something that he was unwilling to do.