Chapter 120: Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame

When Xiao Yan regained consciousness, he felt a faint pain all over his body, much like being pricked all over by needles. He stroked the storage ring on his finger and withdrew a small jade bottle. Tilting the bottle, he dripped a few drops of pink liquid into his mouth.

After consuming the pink liquid with numbing properties, Xiao Yan felt the prickling pain all over his body slowly disappear. He sat up and picked up the black scroll, only to realize that all the words and the drawing of the eagle wings had disappeared.

Xiao Yan stared at the empty scroll and blinked his eyes in confusion. Suddenly, he stripped and took out a piece of crystal mirror from the storage ring and, with the help of the reflected light, he noticed that a pair of palm-sized black eagle wing tattoos had unknowingly appeared on his back.

"Are these the Purple Cloud Eagle Wings'?" Xiao Yan mumbled to himself in a somewhat uncertain voice. The Dou Qi in his body flowed towards the two Qi Paths that had been forcefully created and into the tattoo on his back.

Upon receiving the transmitted Dou Qi, the pitch-black tattoo immediately emitted a faint purple light. Finally, it transformed into a solid pair of wings. The size of the black eagle wings also expanded from palm-sized to about half a foot in length.

Xiao Yan curiously looked at the pair of eagle wings with purple lines as he thought of moving them. A small lifting force was created under his body but it was far too small to lift him off the ground.

"In order to fly using the Purple Clouds Wings', it will require a large amount of Dou Qi. With your current strength and your lack of practice controlling the wings, I'm afraid that you can only glide over a short distance." Seeing the somewhat comical actions of Xiao Yan, Yao Lao could not help but laugh.

Xiao Yan grinned and nodded his head. From the beginning, he did not expect to be able to fly immediately. The slight result he currently had was already very satisfactory. After all, everything had to be done slowly.

When Xiao Yan stopped transferring the Dou Qi, the eagle wings on his back once again nestled up on his back and transformed back into the pitch-black tattoo of a pair of eagle wings.

Xiao Yan gradually and lazily stretched his back before keeping the blank black scroll in front of him. A brief silence followed. Then he once again took out another extremely old scroll from the storage ring.

After sizing up the ancient looking yellowish scroll, Xiao Yan rubbed his hands together. For the ancient elder to hide this in a secretive place like between the gap of a bone, it was very likely that this was no ordinary item.

Xiao Yan untied the scroll before slowly spreading it. When he saw the interior, however, he froze slightly. "What's this?"

Before his eyes was a parchment made of an unknown material which was slightly yellowed. On it, there was many lines that appeared to be drawn without any form or order. Xiao Yan slowly traced one of the lines with his finger but found nothing as it finally reached the edge of the parchment.

"What kind of nonsense is this?" Xiao Yan said with a frown as he stared at this secretive item that held a talisman-like appearance.

TL: The talisman refers to a taoist talisman

The black ring on his finger trembled slightly and Yao Lao appeared. The latter swept his gaze over the ancient looking parchment, pressed his eyebrows together and said in a deep voice, "It seems...like a fragment of a map."

"Map? And a fragmented one?" Hearing Yao Lao words, Xiao Yan rolled his eyes. His interest immediately died.

Ignoring Xiao Yan's disinterest, Yao Lao slowly spread out the entire parchment and studied it carefully. When his gaze landed on the bottom corner of the parchment where the blurry image of something that appeared like a Lotus, his face suddenly changed. Once again, he bent down and carefully studied the Lotus shaped mysterious drawing.