07

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Winter still curled fingers frozen to the bone around Seoul. The trees were bare, the pavements sleek with ice. The different shops and venues tried to combat the cool tones of the season by beaming warm light through their windows, and blasting heaters wherever they can. The café is no different, and Jisung breathes a sigh of relief when he pushes his way into the warmth.

His eyes dart straight to the counter. No Minho. Jisung senses it immediately.

He hummed under his breath in disappointment. There's a simmering under his skin, a need to talk to the older boy. Would he tell people about Jisung's freak out? Why had he been so soft, so sweet, when he claimed to care so little? Jisung was impatient, and unfamiliar with the idea of waiting around for answers to arise.

Where Minho isn't, another barista is. He looked bored and flicks mindlessly at the screen of a phone. Young, fluffy curls and fox-like eyes. Jisung's approach prompts the boy to lift his head.

"Hi! Sorry. What can I get you?" The boy moves to hover by a computer screen, eyes slightly wider.

"Cute," Jisung admonished.

His eyes flick down to the name tag on the boy's jacket and- fuck, again? Jisung steels his gaze and lifts it to meet the barista's.

"Seriously? You too?"

The barista's eyes flick down to his own name badge, and then back up to latch onto Jisung's. 

"Ah. So you know Felix?" The barista looked sheepish.

"Which one? I've met three already," answered Jisung sardonically.

"Yeah... There's probably a couple more. No one really likes the name tags, but Felix lets us get away with anything."

Jisung quirked a smile. This made sense, even from his brief encounter with the real Felix. Seemed like someone who would take the fall if it benefited everyone else.

"And you are?" he asked.

The barista paused. "Jeongin."

"Cool. But I'm not looking for Felix. I'm looking for... Minho?" He almost stuttered saying the name.

Jeongin's face (over which he seemed to have absolutely no control) fell, and he glanced away from Jisung towards the window, the wall, the screen. Anywhere but Jisung.

"Ah, sorry. Company policy. I'm not allowed to... I can't say where staff members are if they're not here." His voice was apologetic, and Jisung tilted his head.

"He's my dance teacher. It's nothing, like- weird?"

Jisung shrugged, offering a small smile. "Can you prove that?"

Jisung faltered. He couldn't, actually.

"Exactly. We've had some... Issues. With stuff like that. So I can't give out anyone's location or schedule, in case... Yeah." Jeongin explained.

Jisung nodded absent-mindedly, and then sent Jeongin an understanding smile.

"Then I'll just get an iced americano to go?"

Jeongin saluted, tucking his phone into his apron pocket as he started making the drink. Jisung scrolled on his own phone whilst he waited. For the fourth time that day, he searched the name on his phone, to no avail... Lee Minho. Nothing.

"One iced americano." Jeongin placed the drink gently on the counter. "Oh, and I can tell Minho you were looking for him, if you want to leave a name?"

"No!" Jisung blurted out. He paused, regained composure. "I mean, no, it's fine. Nothing important."