15

⋆⭒˚。⋆₊ ⊹

TW: Homophobia, slurs

The knock at the door was light, but loud enough for Jisung to hear. He didn't speak, just got up, opened the door, knowing it would be Minho and expecting him to come in.

Minho had his eyes to the floor. There was something distant in the way he couldn't look up at Jisung. A pause - it seemed like neither wanted to speak.

"Not coming in?" Jisung's voice came out in a choked whisper, needing the answer but scared of what it may be.

A small smile from Minho that only reached his mouth. "I should go home."

"Stay?"

A shrug. "Not a good idea, Jisung. I don't think Chan or Changbin would be impressed."

Jisung tried his hardest not to look sulky, but the way that Minho glanced up at him and the quickly away from him determined he had not succeeded.

"Who cares about Chan or Changbin?" Jisung complained, now staring hard at Minho. "If this is about whatever Chan said..."

Minho tried to hide a flinch.

"...I won't ask. You can tell me if you want to, but I don't... I won't ask."

A silence. Longer than it needed to be, because Minho had made his mind up as soon as Chan had said that name.

"Please don't leave?" Jisung was near enough begging. Fuck, he would beg if he needed to.

No point. Minho had already offered him an apologetic smile, and turned to go. Jisung was stunned; he was used to getting his way, and even though he knew this wasn't the case with Minho, he was struggling to understand. Jisung hadn't done anything wrong. Why did Minho have the right to shut him out?

So he followed him. Light steps at first, hiding, and then stomping down the stairs so that Minho knew he was coming, too. The older didn't even turn around, not until he got to the door.

"I know you're persistent," Minho aimed his words to the floor. "But I don't want to talk, not right now."

A frown and hunched shoulders from Jisung. "Fine."

Minho was expecting more of a fight, but he wasn't going to force one. He didn't want to talk, didn't want Jisung to be around him when he felt like this. Like a hurricane was starting to shimmer and swirl in his stomach.

What he wasn't expecting was to hear the door open and close again behind him, a key in the lock, footsteps meandering a few paces behind him. Minho knew it was Jisung. He didn't look back.

Jisung followed him the whole way. Down the street, round the corner, in the direction of Jisung's school but stopping just before it. Pausing at the bus stop. Getting on the bus. Jisung had no idea where they were going but tapped his card on the payment zone regardless. He sat a few seats behind Minho.

It was getting late, around 8pm, and it was oddly quiet on the bus. He wondered where they were going, and why it was such an unpopular destination at this time. The quiet allowed him to reflect on the day. Within less than 12 hours, he had fought with Hyunjin, kissed Minho more than once, fought with Changbin and Chan. He was surprised to realise he felt more awake than he had in years- intrigue, maybe? Fear?

This doubled when the bus stopped and Minho got off. Jisung had only been here once before, when he had been looking into which college to choose. The Other college. He'd heard too many stories that turned something in his stomach.

Jisung noticed immediately when Minho glanced back to see if he had followed, and how the older's face had tightened slightly when he saw that he had. Jisung wasn't sure if it was his mind playing tricks or if Minho had deliberately slowed his pace so Jisung wasn't too far away.