18

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

TW: mentions of suicide

It was quiet in the flat as Jisung eased the door open. He was expecting to walk into a hurricane of screaming and shouting. Instead, the hallway entrance was empty.

[14:05] thehanjisung: didn't mean to worry you, guys. on my way home now. speak then?

He had messaged in their groupchat when he left Minho's but it had gone unread and unanswered. This made Jisung feel uneasy. Even as he tried to make as much noise as he could, throwing his bag onto the floor and clattering his keys onto the table, there was no response from anyone in the flat.

Jisung realised why when he walked into the living room. They were both there, the picture of two disappointed parents, sat up straight beside each other on one of the two couches. Jisung rolled his eyes, threw himself back onto the other couch and regarded them with a hooded gaze.

"Go on then," Jisung grumbled. "Let me have it."

"It's not funny this time, Ji," Changbin started before Chan interrupted him.

"You're really going to act childish about this?" Even from a short sentence, it was clear Chan was seething.

The older had his hands clenched on his own knees. When he noticed the bruises budding on and staining Jisung's face, his hands became fists, balled up so that veins and bones protruded sharply.

"Did he do that to you?" Chan's voice was dark.

Jisung scowled at him. "Minho? You're joking? Minho literally saved me from the people who did this to me."

"People?" Changbin interjected. "What, were you jumped?"

Jisung just nodded, and Chan's eyes narrowed.

"And why were you jumped? Because you were with him?"

"Ha!" Jisung scoffed. "No, more likely because of the rumour that I was sleeping with Hyunjin, who I recall is Changbin's friend? Hmm? Don't see anyone sending a witch hunt after him."

Chan had glanced at Changbin, who was looking away from both of them, an almost ashamed tinge of pink rising in his cheeks. They seemed to communicate silently with each other - move on. We'll talk about Hyunjin later.

Jisung rolled his eyes, reached out to pick sub-consciously at the skin around his fingers, trying to act bored by the conversation but really trying to battle a surge of anxiety.

"Look, hyungs, I get it. This is an intervention. But, seriously? I don't get why you have such a problem with Minho. Especially you, Bin, you seemed fine with him at Hyunjin's party. Remember that? When he literally helped to look after me, after Hyunjin- again, your friend- got me drunk?"

Changbin paused, glanced at Chan, before answering. "Chan told me about Song Eunha."

"Well, does Chan wanna tell me about Song Eunha, too? Because I am absolutely clueless." Jisung gestured wildly as he spoke, feeling anxiety dissolve into irritation.

There was a horrible, looming silence as Changbin and Chan exchanged another look. Jisung groaned and flung his head back to stare in frustration at the ceiling. The two older boys did this to him sometimes, treated him like he could break any moment. It was even more irritating, Jisung thought, because they knew that Jisung already been broken before. Already put himself back together.

"I overheard a guy in my year talking about him," Chan started. Changbin had tensed beside him.

"Someone's just moved into his apartment building from the same place Minho is from. Said he knows of him. Said a lot of people back there do. It sounded like he used to be... like you. Admired, renowned, everyone knew him. But he had, like, three friends. These two guys and a girl."