08

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

TW: reference to alcohol and drug use

"Why were you looking for me?"

The voice was low, and the liquid fire in Jisung's veins distorted it into fragments.

Minho had dragged Jisung up and off of Hyunjin's lap, pulling him around the edge of the still surging crowd of people. He hadn't said a word, and Jisung didn't either, his body moving with Minho but his brain struggling to keep up.

Déjà vu. Cold air, cold enough that his breath came out in clouds around him. And again, the feeling of the brick wall cutting a grid through fine clothing.

"We're not supposed to be out here," Jisung babbled, eyes darting around the garden that he noticed immediately this time. "There's a sign."

His words were slurred, almost incoherent. There was a lightness to his knees; he felt weak, and was glad for the hand that was holding him by the chest, pushing him further against the wall- wait, what?

And Jisung came to his senses. This was Minho, impossible to find but finding it increasingly easy to find Jisung. He looked different tonight. Messy, missing the put-together atmosphere that he carried even whilst dancing. Especially whilst dancing.

The hand on Jisung's chest was almost swallowed in an oversized hoodie, and when Jisung lifted his gaze to try and meet Minho's eye level, he was blocked by feathery waves of hair. Minho looked pale, agitated, the ivory tone of skin highlighted by the midnight hue of tired eyes.

"Why were you looking for me?" The older boy asked again. His voice had become a hiss. Jisung tried not to shiver.

"Who said I was?" Jisung retorted.

Liquid courage really was a thing, and now that Jisung had a full grasp on the situation, he was ready and willing to bite back. Minho just scoffed.

"At this point, multiple people." The older boy's voice was cold. "But why?"

Jisung pouted. His brain was working overdrive trying to find a witty response, something cutting, or something funny. Something which might make Minho's face quirk up into a smile, even if it was somewhat condescending.

"Would that be such a bad thing, if I was looking for you?" Jisung prompted.

An exaggerated eye roll broke their eye contact. Minho's lips parted in an irritated sigh, and all of a sudden, Jisung had no control over the way his body reacted.

It was the first time he had seen Minho look surprised. Shocked, even, that Jisung had pushed him away, spun them both round, and then shoved the older boy into the wall. Shock, disbelief, but surprisingly little trace of anger.

Their eyes were metal on steel for a moment, both unsure of what to do next, before Minho's face cracked into the most glorious smile Jisung had ever seen. He even breathed out a laugh. Maybe I should sample that on our next track, mumbled a voice in Jisung's head.

"Oh, so we're brave now?" Minho asked, voice patronizing. "Whatever will you do next?"

"Who knows?" Jisung's words came out almost in a growl. "But I know you'll do whatever I want."

There was a pause. And then another laugh. Minho pushed the other boy away, sides almost splitting as peals of laughter echoed in the garden. He was bent over, hands clutching his stomach, glancing up at Jisung every now and again before descending further into hysterics.

Jisung was dumbfounded.

"Oh, God," Minho said through staggered breaths. "It is hilarious to me that everyone else believes your little ego-act."