16

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.

Seungmin had whistled quietly when Minho and Jisung stumbled into the flat together.

He was sat on the couch with Felix, who had shot straight up into worried mother mode. Seungmin looked surprisingly less worried - it almost seemed like this was something he was used to.

"Follow me." Seungmin's voice was monotone as he beckoned Minho with him.

Jisung wasn't sure what to do with himself, but he didn't have much time to think before Felix was up and beside him, pandering to him and peering closely at the blood that was drying on Jisung's face.

"What happened? Are you okay? Is Minho okay? Did you call the police? What..."

"Don't worry, we're fine," Jisung said with a small smile that revealed a glimpse of teeth still outlined with blood. "Some idiots were talking shit, and Minho..."

Felix rolled his eyes. "Minho was being Minho."

A frown passed slowly over Jisung's face. Why did both of them seem so used to this? He'd fought well, in all fairness, but Jisung hadn't considered that this was because he was some kind of crazy street-fighter. Or a troublemaker, even.

"Don't worry!" Felix backtracked when he realised Jisung was deep in thought. "He's not, like, a psychopath. Minho hyung can just be a bit protective of things that he likes. People think he has a temper, but I don't know..."

"I think he was just scared," murmured Jisung.

The image of Minho, the coldness that lay over his eyes like a film when they had paused for breath after running away from the fight. The way this softened. The way he always seemed to soften, when Jisung was involved.

Protective of things that he likes. So he must like me, then?

"Seungmin will patch him up, so don't worry," reassured Felix with a smile. "He'll get you fixed up, too. But he likes me to wipe the dry blood away so it's easier for him."

Again, unease at the way this seemed like a familiar process. But Jisung stayed quiet as Felix dabbed at the cuts on his face. He tried to hold in a hiss when the damp cloth nudged any of the wounds that were still open. Felix was gentle, slow.

Seungmin was the opposite. He had brought Minho back into the living room and left him with Felix, not even speaking to Jisung, just cocking his head and expecting Jisung to follow him. Jisung did.

Seungmin used firm, steady fingers to pull at the skin around the wounds. Not gentle, nor slow, but efficient.

"This will hurt." Seungmin said simply.

And it did. It hurt like a bitch as he used fine surgical thread to stitch up the cut under Jisung's eye, but unlike Felix, this didn't make him slow down. He just kept going.

They didn't talk. Seungmin seemed deep in thought. They hadn't spoken much before, more just sly digs shot at each other, but it still made Jisung feel weirdly uncomfortable that they were sat in complete silence.

"All good? Anything else hurting?" Seungmin asked as he packed his equipment back up into the small first-aid kit he'd brought with him.

"No, all- Actually, this might be a bit too extreme, but one of them got me right in the ribs. They still feel sore and I'm worried one might be broken."

Seungmin gestured for Jisung to stand up. He was pressing lightly at Jisung's waist and ribs, and Jisung had to hold his breath to stop himself from crying. It lasted only a few minutes but Jisung felt as though Seungmin had fixed and then rebroken all of his ribs in such a short space of time.