21

*‧.₊˚*੭*ˊᵕˋ੭.*

The morning after, Minho went away for a few days.

Jisung let him go, knowing the older needed time to process everything that had happened. If you love them, set them free, and all of that rubbish. As well as the fact that Jisung had made Minho swear on Felix's life that he would come back, which seemed to be a good bargain. 

Jisung felt sad at first without him at first. Would turn up at Minho's house, telling the others he was there to water the plants, but really just curl himself up in Minho's bed when Seungmin wasn't home and try to convince himself not to text him.

Felt better, much better, after the various updates from Minho. Pictures of him, the food he was eating, the campsite he was staying at and all the bugs he had miraculously killed.

And then the night before he came home:

[23:10] jureuminho: i've had fun camping

[23:11] jureuminho: but next time let's come together

When Minho came back, Jisung was busy with college work. The older had made the younger swear, also on Felix's life, that he would still attend his classes and see Minho that night instead, at a party Hyunjin had decided to throw. 

Jisung had complained, but as he always did with Minho, he finally caved. 

Him, Changbin and Chan arrived together. They'd managed to hash things out, and Minho had even texted Jisung whilst he was away to tell him that they had both reached out to apologise. Still, the two had their heads bowed slightly as though embarrassed when the three of them turned up half an hour late. 

They were dressed in black, Jisung in a white shirt that clung to his body and a glossy (cruelty-free) leather jacket. He'd put more care into how he looked than he had in weeks; ash hair now dyed a midnight black, clean makeup and dark, silver glitter. The rockstar Jisung that people expected, flanked by his two best friends. 

"Wow!" Jeongin had breathed when he answered the door and saw Jisung. "You clean up nicely!"

Jisung had just laughed, winked at him, and started his now usual survey of the room. He was here somewhere, Jisung knew that. But where?

"Going to get another drink!" Changbin called back over his shoulder, as Chan dragged him in the direction of the kitchen.

Changbin and Chan had been drinking all evening. Jisung was restraining himself. He still did, even as Hyunjin approached, tried to push a drink into his hand. 

"God, get a little crush and now you're boring, huh?" Hyunjin complained with an eye roll.

"More like if I'm seen interacting with you in public, people will think I'd dare put myself anywhere near your dick," Jisung retorted. Followed it with a grin, just to prove he was joking. 

Hyunjin scoffed. "As if I'd let you. Minho's in his room. Said he'll be down in a sec."

Jisung didn't want to wait. He headed straight towards the stairs that would lead him up to Minho and Seungmin's shared room. Before he could fling himself up them, two at a time, he froze. 

"I've been gone four days. Already forgotten what I look like?" Minho asked with a smile from his spot at the top of the stairs.

Jisung hadn't forgotten, he knew he never could. But not seeing Minho for however many days had floored him, and it felt like he was seeing the older for the first time all over again. Dark hair, a similar shade to Jisung's now, cat-eyes slanted into a sly smile that quirked up only one half of his mouth. Skin clean, a warm shade of honey from his time away, and dressed down in slim-fitting sweatpants and an oversized hoodie.