Untold Blights // Chapter 6

"Holy shit, holy shit," Nicole said pacing back in forth in the tent, "I actually have to fight a fucking dragon."

"Niki!" Magnolia squealed bursting through the canvas tent, "Are you ready to kick some dragon ass!"

"Mags? How did you get in here? I thought it was champions only."

"I saw Hermione heading over here and thought might as well follow her."

"I could really use some inspirational words. Got any?"

"Well if it makes you feel better. I could tell you what the twins are up to."

"Do tell."

"Well they are taking bets and my best friend just happens to be in third place."

"I like those odds."

As the girls continued to chat about the upcoming task. Dumbledore and the Minister of Magic entered the tent to present the champions with their task.

"Ms.Watt. Mr.Granger. What are you doing in here?" Dumbledore asked.

"Oh just leaving, professor!"Hermione hurriedly said, grabbing Magnolia and dragging her out of the tent.

"Now champions gather round. Cedric right here boy. Krum, right there is fine. Nicole come stand over next to Fluer. Ah, Harry just scoot right there ...PERFECT. Now for the task. In this bag are five dragons. Each of you will blindly pick one and your challenge is to use any means to get the golden eggs placed in the dragon nest. Do be careful though as there will be real dragon eggs in the nest," The Minister instructed before thrusting a black cloth bag into Fleur's face, "Ladies first. PICK!"

Fleur carefully placed her hand into the bag and emerged with a green dragon with a tag around its neck.

"Ahh the Welsh Green and a two. So that is your dragon and you will go second," the Minister finished his description and whipped around to Nicole, "PICK!"

Nicole reached her hand in strategically feeling around for the small lizard with a fan around its head. As she found what she was looking for she pulled it out of the bag to show the group.

"Oh the Brazilian Banshee and let's see ... number five. Very well your dragon is chosen and you will be going last. NEXT!"

Krum confidently dove his hand into the bag and quickly emerged with a small dragon.

"That is the Chinese Fireball and a three! Alright, who's next Diggory come on."

Cedric does as he is told and his hand rises out of the sack with a blueish-gray dragon.

"That my boy is a Swedish Short-Snout and a one! You'll be the first to compete! Alright Potter you get the last pick."

Harry cautiously sunk his hand in the bag. His hand rose out of the fabric carrying a dragon covered in spikes.

"Oh erm, the Hungarian Horntail and the number four. Well, that's the last of it. Remember to get the golden egg and leave the others untouched. Best of luck!"

With that, the Minister of Magic hurried out of the tent, Dumbledore hot on his tail, leaving the champions to come up with a strategy. Nicole found a nice pillow to sit on while waiting for her turn. Cedric reentered the tent after only a couple of minutes with a smile plastered on his face and a golden egg in hand. Fluer followed after him taking only ten minutes to prance back into the tent looking a little winded but with an egg. Krum left the tent and returned emotionless as ever but in possession of the reward no less. Next is Harry. Nicole cheered him on as he left the tent. Loud yells can be heard from outside, but then it got strangely quiet. Nicole waited nervously until suddenly the stands erupted back in cheers. Harry entered back into the tent with an egg and strangely his broom. Nicole didn't think too much about it because it was finally her turn.