Resistance and Reunion // Chapter 15 PT 2

Harry whipped around staring at Nicole, eyes filled with rage, but before he could speak Lucius interrupted.

"Hate to interrupt this family reunion, but we have official matters to deal with." Lucius began in his calm monotone voice, "Did you actually believe that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now or watch your friends die. Starting with this one."

Nicole quickly raised her wand to Lucius, but it was far too late. He grabbed her shoulder whipping her around to face Harry, and pointed a wand at her neck.

"I'm not sure she was ever truly my friend," Harry mumbled.

"Just hand me the prophecy and everyone goes free." Lucious tried to reason.

"You can't give it to them Harry!" Neville yelped before being silenced by Bellatrix.

"It's okay, Harry," Nicole reassured.

"Shut it, girl!" Lucius snapped jabbing his wand into Nicole's neck.

"Okay, okay." Harry lamented.

Harry slowly lifted the blue orb into Lucius's free hand. Nicole tried to squirm free to knock the prophecy out of Lucius's hand but to no avail. A victorious smile spread across Lucious's face but was quickly interrupted by a small tap on the shoulder.

"Threatening my godson and cousin. Bad idea Malfoy," Sirius Black stated before swiftly launching his fist into Lucius's face knocking him backward and freeing Nicole. As she rolled onto the cold hard ground, she saw bright white light zipped around the room. Lucius tried to scramble for the Prophecy but saw it shattered at his side.

The bright trails of lights came to a stop and different Order members appeared from smoke. Before Nicole could let out a sigh of relief as they had been saved, spells began to fling around the room. Sirius pulled Nicole and Harry onto their feet and hurriedly hid behind the arch for cover.

"Now listen to me," Siris urged, "I want to two to take the others and get out of here."

"What. No," Harry protested, "I'm staying with you."

"You've done beautifully," Sirius said, "Now let me take it from here."

Nicole and Harry turned to make their escape, but it was too late. Lucius and another Deatheater swarmed the three and shot off spells. "PROTEGO!" Nicole and Harry yelped in unison before returning fire. All across the room students were hiding behind stone pillars while Order members and Deatheaters were locked in heated duels. Magnolia, running in the opposite direction from one of the said duels, ran right into a Deatheater who turned, wand raised. He opened his mouth to send out a curse, but Magnolia beat him to it. "EXPELLIARMUS!" In response, the Deatheater's wand went flying. Magnolia readied herself to hit him again, but Neville scooped her up and hurried her behind a corner to hide.

"Neville!" Magnolia gasped breathlessly, "Are you okay?"

"Better now that I know you are," Neville exclaimed, pulling Magnolia into his chest.

Sadly the two's embrace was cut short by a blood-curdling cackle. Bellatrix had found solid ground to land. Sirius knocked Lucius across the room while Harry and Nicole dispatched the other Deatheater. The laugh startled the trio and caused them to whip around to see Bellatrix's wand pointed right at them.

"AVADA KADAVRA!" Bellatrix shrieked, green light shooting towards Sirius.

"NO!" Nicole screamed, fully tackling Sirius to the ground.

"FLIPENDO!" Harry shot, sending Bellatrix flying backward into the air.

"Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead," Nicole pleaded while looking down at Sirius.