Fight and Flight // Chapter 7

**The Morning of the Gryffindor vs Slytherin Match**

Nicole woke up the morning of the match with more spunk in her step than usual due to the success of the newly formed D.A. Looking around the room Nicole did notice that Magnolia was nowhere to be seen. Assuming her feline friend had beaten her to the Great Hall that morning Nicole threw on her quidditch uniform and made her way down to get breakfast.

When she arrived, she spotted the rest of her team eating and quickly joined the rowdy group.

"You ready to kick some snake ass, Nicole!" George cheered, throwing a muffin her way.

"Damn straight, Weasley!" Nicole responded, catching the muffin. The group continued to huff down their breakfast and hype each other up before being interrupted by two giggly voices bounding down the hall.

"Mags! There you are!" Nicole gleamed, "Luna! You have your lion hat on!"

"Look what Luna helped me make." Magnolia beamed, holding up two red and gold pom-poms.

"Those look really good, Magnolia!" Harry garbled through a mouth full of food.

"We got the best cheerleaders rooting for us, y'all!" Nicole announced to the table.

"Glad to hear it," Angelina said warmly, "Alright team, time for a pep talk in the locker room."

"Aye aye, captain!" Fred laughed.

Nicole waved goodbye to her friends and left with her team down to the quidditch pitch. They all crammed into the wooden enclosure where they kept their broom. Angelina grabbed a crate and gave a long-winded speech that could be summed up pretty easily.

"Be ruthless and win." Nicole joked, nudging Harry.

"Isn't that exactly what Angelina just said," Harry groaned, obviously just ready to play already.

"In a direct way yes."

By the time the team had made their way to the pitch, the stands were already filled with screaming students and teachers alike. Nicole felt her adrenaline skyrocket at the sight of the entire school cheering on Gryffindor; aside from Slytherin of course. The team met in the middle for the obligatory goodlucks which were obviously forced and paired with exaggerated eyerolls. Nicole offered a small smile towards Draco whose eyes darted away quickly.

"Captains shake hands!" ordered the umpire, Madam Hooch, as Angelina and the Slytherin captain, Montague reached each other. Nicole could tell Montague was trying to crush Angelina's fingers, though she did not wince. "Mount your brooms..."

Madam Hooch placed her whistle to her mouth and blew.

The balls flew up into the air and all fourteen players shot up from the ground. Nicole quickly surveyed the field and darted towards the bludgers knocking it towards the Slytherin chaser, Pansy Parkinson. The girl lost her balance slightly losing hold of the quaffle which Angelina swiftly grabbed up scoring a point for Gryffindor.

Nicole looked over just in time to see a bludger heading straight for her broom. She dove down catching sight of Harry and Draco both racing towards what she assumed to be the Golden Snitch. Regaining her grip on her broom and bat Nicole swooped through the air hitting another bludger towards the Gryffindor goal hitting Montague just as he was about to score. Fred took the opportunity to kick the quaffle out of his hands and throw it back to Katie Bell, the other Gryffindor chaser.

Nicole focused on the action and almost ran head-first into the now-stationary Harry.

"Harry, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" screamed Angelina, flying past the two to keep up with Katie, "GET GOING!"