Planning and Parties // Chapter 11

Magnolia had obviously been in Umbridge's nasty detention sessions before but this time she wasn't even worried about her punishment. She took the "write offs" in stride and got out of there as soon as she could. She had played with an idea with Nicole and Hermione before detention earlier that day at lunch and now her plan was in full swing.

She sprinted out of Umbridge's office and met the girls in the Room of Requirement. Magnolia gathered a big poster board and some of her sparkly markers and placed them on a large desk in front of the classroom.

"Alright girls, if we're serious about this idea we have to plan." Magnolia started, looking stern. "Our last party was a success, so this one has to be MUCH better."

"Valentine's day is the day of love!" Hermione said drawing hearts on the poster.

"And this would be a great way to get the kids from the DA to actually participate in something." Nicole added, chewing on the end of her pen.

"The fact that it's top secret will be so fun! I think I can do the decorations if you girls can get the word out." Magnolia stated.

"Great idea Mags, I'll start talking to the boys about it." Nicole nodded.

Nicole, now being the official secret keeper, decided that she and Hermione needed to reinforce the element of secrecy. They decided that they would make another magical object, similar to the coin that would give an invitation to everyone in the DA. If someone were to know about the part other than a member, the slip of paper would burst into flames, and they would be locked out of the room.

**The Next Afternoon**

The group of friends sat at their lunch table and began the planning for the Valentine's Day activities. Magnolia and Neville decided they would make the heart shaped decor and they would create a playlist for the event. Nicole and Harry had the job of lighting and snacks. Hermione and Ron were in charge of the guestlist and getting a list together of everyone's dates.

"Bloody hell I sure wish that I had a date to the dance..." Ron said sarcastically looking at Hermione from across the table.

"I would be glad to go with you Ron!" Luna chimed in, thinking she was helping out a friend in need.

"Oh um..." he stammered.

"That's an excellent idea! Don't you think Ronald, that way you can stop complaining to me about it." Hermione giggled.

"Um yes that would be brilliant Luna..."

"Perfect. Now Ron has a date. I swear everyone has a bloody Valentine other than me." George finally chimed into the conversation.

"Damn that sucks, but I'll be dancing the night away with Angelina so you're on your own Georgie." Fred joked.

Magnolia and Hermione must have had the same thought at that exact moment because they were smiling from ear to ear.

The tree girls decided to take a walk around the grounds before their next class period. Hermione and Magnolia swept Nicole out of the Great Hall by her arms and ushered her outside.

"What the hell? I'm coming! You don't have to pull me like a rag doll!" Nicole whined while her underarms were being squeezed to redness.

"Sometimes I don't think you can take a hint Niki." Hermione stated, finally letting her death grip on Nicole loose.

"George was obviously trying to insinuate that he wanted to go with you!" Magnolia squealed. "Isn't it so romantic, Mione?"

"Um sure, but it's the truth Niki. You could even go as friends because you both still refuse to acknowledge there's something there."