Untold Sacrifices // Chapter 11 PT1

After the girls had a fun day at Hogsmeade, they returned to their dorm both with different tasks in mind. Nicole was set on preparing herself for the next task all the while Magnolia was focused on last-minute studying for the end-of-term exams. The girls were set to take the tests with Hogwart's fourth-years, but Nicole was excused from the exams along with the rest of the Triwizard Champions.

The week of exams trudged on by and once the last test was taken up the air in Hogwarts shifted to one of excitement as the final task of the tournament would be held that Saturday.

**The Day of the Last Task**

"Ouch! Don't pull so hard!" Nicole squawked as she held her head.

"Hold still! I'm almost done with this braid!" Magnolia shouted, swatting Nicole's hand away, "You asked me to fix your hair and that's what I'm doing."

As the girls squabbled over Nicole's hair, a scratch was heard on the balcony door.

"Don't you dare move," Magnolia scolded, handing Nicole a piece of hair, "Hold that and I'll see what it is."

Magnolia made her way to the door and saw a large black owl perched by the glass. She leaned down to take the piece of paper tied around the bird's leg, and as she did so the bird immediately took flight. Confused, Magnolia headed back inside the dorm room with the paper in hand.

"Here I'll read it while you finish ripping out my hair," Nicole laughed.

"Okay, but read it out loud," Magnolia said, handing her the rolled-up parchment and returning to her spot on the bed.

"Hi, my girls!" Nicole read, "I just wanted to let you know that the Illvermorny student body will be using a portkey to come watch the last task. Ow Mags! We have all heard about how you have done on the other tasks and we are so proud of you! See you later! Love Fredrick."

"Yay everyone is gonna see you kick ass today!" Magnolia cheered, finally finishing the two plats in Nicole's hair.

"Hell yeah, and we get to see Dad!"

"Yeah I've missed your dad's nagging," Magnolia laughed, "You ready to go down there."

"Ready as I'll ever be!"

The girls made their way out of the castle and down to where the quidditch pitch used to be. In front of the witches stood 5 large wooden stands all pointing towards a sprawling hedge maze. Before Nicole could make a sarcastic remark Fredrick called them over to one of the stands. The girls happily ran over taking in the sight of all the Ilvermorny students filling up the seats. Students were all covered in the Ilvermorny colors, cranberry and blue, some holding signs with Nicole's name on them others holding streamers and noise makers. Even the school cheerleaders were dancing in the front row of the stands, but instead of wearing their usual individual house colors, their uniforms were charmed to be the Ilvermorny colors.

"Dad! I missed you!" Nicole cried running into her father's open arms.

"Oh, my beautiful girls! How've you been? Is Hogwarts treating you well?" Fredrick laughed, grabbing Magnolia up into the embrace.

"Fred, it is amazing here! I'm kinda bummed out we have to leave," Magnolia answered.

"Well if all goes well at the task we might get to stick around," Fredrick reassured the girls.

"Really? Why's that." Nicole questioned.

"Don't worry about it for now. Just focus on the task, and don't worry I'll keep Magnolia entertained in your absence."