Rules and Romance // Chapter 5

**Sunday, October 6th**

"Niki, wake up!" Magnolia yelled while violently shaking her best friend awake to tell her the news about what had happened that morning.

"I'm up! Stop giving me whiplash!"

"He finally asked me on a date! We're going today to Hogsmeade. I need you to help me get ready!"

"Okay slow down. I'm really happy for you, but I would like to point out that I was right as always," Nicole teased, "Can we at least eat breakfast first?"

"Fineeee, but if I see him in the Great Hall and I don't look hot, I'm going to kill you."

Nicole quickly threw on some sweats and grabbed Magnolia's now human arm ushering her out of the room. Magnolia practically skipped to the Great Hall with Nicole sluggishly dragging behind her. They decided to sit next to Ron and the twins, considering that all of their other friends seemed to be sleeping in.

"Thank Merlin he's not down here. I look like a slob." Magnolia said, grabbing for a slice of toast.

"Mags, why would he ask you out if he didn't like the way you looked?" Nicole inquired.

"Wait, old Longbottom actually asked you out? Bout' time, he's been talking about you for weeks. It's quite annoying really." Ron said with a mouthful of food.

"Hello Blondie, Whiskers. What are you two up to today?" George asked, barely acknowledging Magnolia's presence.

"Mags has a date and I'm helping her get ready."

"A date! With who!"

"George, if you could stop staring at Nicole for two seconds you would know that we already had this conversation," Magnolia said, rolling her eyes.

"It's with Neville," Nicole stated, not looking up from her plate.

"Where are the two lovebirds going then?" Fred questioned.

"I'm not sure exactly but I know we are going to Hogsmeade."

"Wicked. Me and George thought about maybe opening a joke shop there, but we also might open it in Diagon Alley." Fred said, trying to cover his mouth.

"That is if we ever actually get to graduate with all of Umbridge's new rules." George trailed off.

"Oh wow, that's an amazing idea boys! A joke shop would be perfect! You two would make a killing!" Nicole was excited by the fact that she knew the twins' pranks were like no other. She also knew that their joke shop would take their mind off of having to leave Hogwarts after this year.

"Wait what do you mean new rules?" Ron overheard.

"You haven't seen them, there's about ten hanging outside her classroom right now," Fred reported.

"We haven't been to her class since a few days ago... I hope they don't get too bad. I can't believe that her 'detention' is even legal." Magnolia remarked.

"We can show you them after breakfast if you want," George said, lightly jabbing Nicole in the arm.

"We would but I have to get ready for my dat-"

"We have time to go." Nicole interrupted, giving Magnolia a pleading look.

"I mean yeah of course we can." A forced smile appeared on Magnolia's face.

**Hogwarts Corridor After Breakfast**

The witches, along with Ron and the twins made their way through the halls of Hogwarts. They eventually reached the hall where Defense Against The Dark Arts was held. As they approached the large stone wall, they noticed that there weren't ten rules posted, there were more like thirty.