Sneaks and Silence // Chapter 13

Hermione was standing outside of the Gryffindor common room, flipping her D.A. coin on the palm of her hand.

"Where are those two?" She questioned while wondering where Magnolia and Nicole could be at that moment. They usually would walk together to all of the secret club's meetings, but the girls were running late.

"Niki, I swear to Merlin if we are late because of a damn muffin I'm going to murder you." Magnolia said, gasping for breath after running down the long hallway towards the Great Hall.

"It'll be fine! Just let me look. I promise it won't take long!"

As soon as the witches started to gain their pace back, a tall blonde boy appeared in front of them and stopped them in their tracks.

"Um excuse us." Magnolia said annoyed.

"Hey Nicole, Magnolia." Draco said, looking the pair up and down.

"Look Draco, not to be rude but we're kind of in a hurry so if you would just-" Nicole was quickly cut off.

"I enjoyed spending time with you last night Magnolia. I left you a little gift back in the Hufflepuff common room." He said with a smug grin on his face.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Magnolia said, getting quite angry.

"Just go look to find out. Anyways see you later Mags. Nicole."

"What the actual fuck is he talking about Magnolia, and why did he just call you Mags?"

"I genuinely have no clue! I swear!"

"I thought you were over the boy crazy faze!"

"You really think I would do that to Neville? Besides, I was literally sleeping with you last night!"

"I hope for everyone's sake you're right, let's go check out your dorm to make sure he didn't get his nasty Slytherin gang to trash it or something."

The girls swiveled in place, forgetting all about Nicole's muffin craving and headed up to Magnolia's Hufflepuff dorm.

When they approached the un-touched room, the girls were highly confused. Nothing was out of place and no one had even stepped foot inside the dorm.

"See, I told you it was probably just a prank. He more than likely just heard you call me Mags and that's why. I don't understand why he would prank us though."

"Yeah that is strange... Damn it, we're late for the D.A. meeting. Come on, let's go before we completely miss it." Nicole said, turning towards the door.

**The Hallway Outside Of The Room Of Requirement**

"Niki, I know we're late but do we really have to run everywhere?"

"I just don't want to miss anything." Nicole said, stopping to take a breath.

As the girls approached the door to their meeting spot, they frantically dipped behind a long column after seeing an unfortunate sight.

"Is that... Umbridge?" Magnolia questioned.

They peeked around the corner to see the whole of the new Inquisitorial Squad, Mr. Filch, and Dolores Umbridge grabbing students out of the Room of Requirements and into the hallway.

"No way she found out... Who could have told her?!"

"Shh Mags, I want to listen..."

When the girls looked back at the scene, they saw Draco staring at them like he was trying to warn them to stay away. They started seeing each one of their friends being pulled out by various members of Umbridge's cult. They refused to say anything to the polished, pink woman and the squib that stood next to her. Nicole and Magnolia did not have the best view from where they were standing so they couldn't see that Goyle was holding another Ravenclaw student by the arm and shoving her to the front so that all of the D.A. could witness.