The Tightening of Ties Prologue

"NIKIIIIIIII! WAKE UPPPPP!" Magnolia shouted, standing over her friend's limp body, violently trying to shake her awake. Magnolia and Nicole, even though she refused to get up with haste, knew that today was an important day.

"Mags, respectfully if you shake me awake one more time, I will put a blood curse on you."

"Oh, whatever, you love me! Anyways get your ass up! We have to meet the Malfoy's at the ministry so we can return to Hogwarts!"

"Fine, I'm upppp. You should really consider the fact that it's too early for all of this though." Nicole stated while sitting up in her bed.

The witches put the last of their items into their cases and walked down the stairs to be greeted by Nicole's father, Frederick.

"Good morning my girls! Are you ready to head for the Ministry?" Frederick stated while grabbing their luggage and putting it close to the giant marble fireplace.

"You remember how this works right Niki?"

"Yeah I do, but I don't think Mags would know how to use Floo Powder." Nicole reminded her father.

"Oh you're right, okay Magnolia, to travel using Floo Powder you must grab some of the powder in your hand, throw it on the ground, and clearly state where you wish to go. Nicole can go first to show you how it's done."

Nicole shuffled towards the fireplace and gave her father a reassuring smile, trying to convey that she was going to miss him without saying it out loud. She grabbed the gritty, grey powder in her palm along with her bag and yelled, "MINISTRY OF MAGIC" with a clear tone. She then was sucked through the entrance of the grand fireplace and was surrounded by a green flame. The flame had engulfed her but it did not burn her skin, it was not even hot to the touch. The next thing she knew, she was in one of the fireplaces inside the Ministry Of Magic. She decided she should wait for Magnolia because they both had never been inside the Ministry before. Magnolia also had no clue what Lucious Malfoy looked like.

Her friend landed, not so gracefully, at the bottom of the fireplace Nicole had just exited.

"Not bad for your first time," Nicole laughed while helping her friend to her feet.

Magnolia rolled her eyes and the two started for the middle of the Ministry to wait for Mr. Malfoy.

While they waited, they noticed that it had been over thirty minutes and Lucious had not arrived yet.

"Where is that slimeball? He said he was going to meet us here at 9:30!" Nicole goraned looking around, when a small house elf approached the girls and stated that he was one of the Malfoy's helpers.

"Of course, they still use house elves," Nicole said, turning to Magnolia with a sour look on her face.

Although the girls were uncomfortable being escorted around by a house elf, they had no other choice. The house elf seemed to be equally as uncomfortable with them but he proceeded in his task of taking the girls to the Department of Magical Educational Registration Office. On their way there, Magnolia stopped in her tracks and pulled at Nicole's arm.

"What is it Mag- Oh my god it can't be!" Nicole exclaimed.

Standing a few feet in front of them was none other than their friend from Hogwarts, Harry Potter. He was dressed in a suit jacket and was seen walking with Mr. Weasley towards an elevator. The sight of Harry caused the girls to depart from the house elf and run towards the elevator after him.

"Harry! Wait!" Magnolia yelled after the dark-haired boy.

"Magnolia, Nicole! What are you two doing here?!" Harry asked with a surprised tone.