Chasing Mice [Neko!Levi X Reader]

requested by MrsLeviAckermen15

"(F/n)!" Your neko companion, Levi, whined from the couch. You sighed and looked over to him, asking,"What is it, Levi?" Levi crawled across the couch and hovered his face over yours. He asked you,"Can you get me some food?"

You glared up at the neko and he gave you a small smile. You sighed and sat up, setting your book on the coffee table. You got up off the floor and walked into the kitchen and you got Levi his food, almost dropping it as you nearly tripped on a chair. When you returned to the living room, Levi was nowhere in sight. You noticed that the front door was open, so you dropped the food and ran outside. You frantically searched for your smaller companion and noticed prints left in the gravel in the front of the house. You followed it and you kept noticing little things about Levi. The small bell that was always on his collar was left at the local photography studio. You entered the studio and you asked the owner, Sasha, if she had seen Levi. She replied,"Oh, that little cutie? He took off his little bell and just left. He was heading towards the pier."

"The pier? Oh my god! Okay thanks Sasha! Bye now!" You exclaimed, darting out of the studio with Levi's bell in your grip. You dashing down the street until you made it to the boardwalk. You could almost see a white piece of fabric flailing in the wind by the pier. Levi's cravat. You ran over and grabbed the fabric, glancing around frantically. You finally spotted your companion sitting on the ledge of the pier. You called out,"Levi!"

The neko spun around and his eyes widened when he saw you. He ran up to you and jumped into your arms. You hugged him tightly and he sniffled,"I got lost. I chased a stupid mouse and I got lost." You breathed and you said,"Oh my god....thank God you're okay. I was so worried!"

"(F/n)?" Levi asked, looking up at you. You held him up and he looked down, blushing a bit. He asked quietly,"Did I really worry you that much?" You tilted your head to the side and gave Levi a fond look. He was too adorable and an even better companion. You told him,"Of course you did. I don't know what I'd do if I had lost you. You're my companion, Levi....I'm always going to be worried about you."

With a sigh, you began walking back towards your house. Levi grasped the front of your t-shirt tightly in fear that he'd get lost again. His tail was tucked between his legs and his ears folded down. You gently scratched the top of his head and you said gently,"It's okay, Levi. I'm here." He relaxed a bit and he looked up at you as you had your eyes trained on the sidewalk. With the slight bounce in your step, Levi started drifting away to sleep. You started humming quietly as he curled up into a smaller position and released small purrs of satisfaction. It wasn't long until Levi finally fell asleep in your arms.

When you returned home, you set Levi down on the couch and covered him with a small blanket. Kissing his head, you whispered gently,"Stick to chasing mice in your dreams, little one."

He gently pawed your face in response and you laughed quietly. You stood up and flicked off the light in the living room, walking into the kitchen. You glanced over at the refrigerator, smiling at all the pictures of you and Levi that you had taken. The one that stood out was the one you took when you first got him. He was a stoic little neko and it took months for him to open up to you, but it was worth it. Glancing into the living room, you watched Levi as he peacefully slept on the couch.

"I have a feeling," you thought to yourself as you leaned on the counter,"that this will not be the last time he gets lost while chasing mice."

•••••

*STAR WARS MUSIC*

Soooo that was something. IT WAS NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED THOUGH!!

I know exactly what you all are waiting for. I know what you guys want from me! Just when it comes, you will never know! Well, until it comes, that is.

So I hope you enjoyed this cute little fluffy one-shot as you all probably (not) had a heart attack when you thought this was part 3 of the Royal!Levi series.

That's coming up soon! Alright I'm gonna go now so until next time, Ciao!

•only another introvert•