His Highness, Ironically *FINALE* [Royal!Levi X Peasant!Reader

Recap:

The Prince placed a hand on the small of your back and the King spoke to you,"Miss (l/n), I do thank you for personally arranging the bouquets that were placed in the garden. My Queen did love her flowers. Due to your tribute, I have a deep respect for you. Levi has chosen carefully and wisely. Please, do take care of him."

"I promise I will, Your Majesty." You said, linking your arm with the Prince's again. The Prince looked over at you and smiled. A gasp was heard from the other Princes and one had said,"He smiled. I haven't seen him smile in forever. She's made him happy again."

•MONTHS LATER, BROUGHT TO YOU BY A TEENAGE BOY WITH ANGER ISSUES•

Prince Levi had visited the flower shop semi-frequently to see you. While you were offered a home closer to the castle, you had to deny as your job was still valuable to you. Krista was always asking questions about the Prince and what the royal family was like. You promised that one day she would meet them herself, and that she would have to stay patient. News had managed to get around that you were supposedly Prince Levi's "betrothed" and townspeople wouldn't leave you alone. Due to this, the Prince had sent a Knight to escort you places. His name was Bertholdt, as you recalled.

You had been working all day, as the flower shop had received a flood of customers after the Golden Ball. Orders were overflowing and you, Krista, and Ymir were working on overdrive to get them fulfilled. When you finally received a break, you practically melted in the seat behind the front table. The order book had been filled, so you had no paper to doodle on as you caught you breath. Instead, you crossed your arms and rested your chin on them as you looked out the windows of the shop, observing the townspeople that walked by. After a minute of this, you closed your eyes to try to get a little bit of peace before you were on your feet again. Alas, you were taken out of your peace when the bell on the door dinged, signaling a new customer. You sighed and began, "Welcome to Flora and Fanc-"

You cut your sentence short as your gaze landed on none other than Prince Levi. He gave you a small smirk and you smiled, jumping out of your seat and nearly running to his embrace. His arms wrapped around your waist and he commented, "You seem happy to see me."

"Of course I am! I wasn't expecting you for another four days," You replied, resting your chin on his shoulder as he hugged you. When he pulled away, he kept one hand on the small of your back as he said quietly, "I have something to show you."

"Oh, okay. Just let me tell Krista that I-"

"Bertholdt, go inform Miss Lenz that (f/n) will be with me, and do be polite about it," Levi instructed the Knight that was standing by the employee room door. He nodded and disappeared to the back, which allowed Prince Levi to lead you out of the shop and into the busy town streets. The way he weaved through the crowd reminded you of the Golden Ball and the way he danced with you nearly all night. It was a memory fresh in your mind, like it had only happened the day before.

*FLASHBACK (cue song up at the top)*

The prince had to attend to some business a short while after you met the royal family, so you were simply standing to the side as you watched people dance around the grand room. Light chatter filled the room, causing a small smile to form on your lips. As you swayed lightly to the music, someone approached you from behind, placing their hands on your waist gently. You knew too well that it was the prince, and he swayed with you as he asked softly, "Care to dance, Miss (l/n)?"

He walked around to be in front of you, running a hand down your arm until he laced his fingers with yours. He gently pulled you onto the dance floor, giving you a look filled with affection. A pink blush dusted over your cheeks, and the prince put his hand on your waist, enticing you to move with him in sync. This continued for a moment before he commented, "You know, (f/n), I'm not normally a dancer."

He released your waist and spun you around so your back was to him. He pulled you against his chest, keeping your hand in his as you both gracefully moved with the music. His free hand went back to your waist, but it was a bit lower than either of you anticipated. You felt the blush on your face darken, and Prince Levi tensed momentarily before he relaxed and laughed lightly. He suddenly spun you back around, pulling you to his chest and examining you with a fond look in his eyes. You looked down, suddenly self-conscious as Levi just smiled at you softly. He gently tilted your chin up and he mouthed, "You're beautiful" before smiling once again. You both danced around the room, weaving in between the crowd while still managing to stick together. You were completely entranced by the prince, and you were overall surprised that you managed to keep your balance with the pace Levi was keeping. Before you knew it, both you and Levi were in the middle of the dance floor, and he pulled you as close to him as he possibly could. He swayed you lightly as he said softly, "I never expected someone like you to come into my life and change it so easily."

"What, a commoner?" You asked, humor laced in your voice. Levi shook his head and, you both stopped moving as he took you face in his hands gently. You searched his eyes for any clue to what he was talking about, but then he spoke, "A princess-to-be without a crown."

With that, he closed the gap between you and kissed you, surprising you. After a second without a reaction, you relaxed into Levi's touch and your eyes closed as you kissed him back. The world around you froze so it was just you and Levi in that one moment. It was so similar to the fairytales you were read as a child, and it was every bit of perfect. When you both pulled away, reality fazed back in and a soft applause surrounded you. You blushed deeply as Levi chuckled, leading you away from the center of the room and back to the side where you had started. The music had just been fading out, leaving you slightly dazed from the remarkable dance you shared with the prince.

*END OF FLASHBACK (hopefully the song has ended by now. if not, you read to fast :p)*

Levi had led you out of the crowded town square and to the entrance of the forest nearby. You furrowed your eyebrows as he guided you towards a particularly tall, dark oak tree with flowers of all kinds decorating the trunk. You asked Levi, "What's this?"

"This was my mother's favorite tree. She brought me here when I was younger, and she always taught me about the kinds of flowers she knew. Since she was a major factor in my life, I thought it to be a perfect place for this," He explained, carefully picking up a pink tree peony that stood out on the trunk. Levi said softly, twirling the flower in his fingers, "Miss Lenz mentioned once that pink tree peonies were your favorite in the shop. She also mentioned that you would have wanted these flowers in particular to be at your future wedding."

"Your Highne-"

"Levi."

"Levi...what are you doing?" You asked, watching him as he kept his eyes on the pink flower in his hand. He finally looked at you, smiling softly. He took your hand in his free one and placed it palm-up in his. He set the peony in your hand and closed your fingers around the stem as he  said, "(Y/n) (l/n), with this flower acting as both a promise and a symbol, I ask that you become a princess of Sina, and more importantly, mine."

Your gaze went between Levi and the flower in your hand in disbelief. Tears welled up in your eyes and you simply nodded, not trusting your own voice. Levi asked softly, "(Y/n)?"

"Yes...oh my God, of course!" You said, hugging Levi tightly. He hugged you back just as tightly, and he whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too."

•third person•

And thus, (y/n) and Levi married a few months after, right at the base of that same dark oak tree. Being the eldest of the princes, Levi inherited the king's throne after his father's peaceful passing with his beloved Queen (y/n) by his side. And yes, like every fairytale, (y/n) and his highness (ironically) lived happily ever after.

THE. END.