"Welcome, everyone, and I am so happy to meet you finally!" Ava began as the start of the first team meeting of the new year.

"I know many of you are surprised by the sudden change of Coaches, but let me tell you, Deniz and I have worked together for a long time before our ways parted. He wouldn't have suggested me to Mrs. Steinkamp if he thought it wouldn't fit.

Before we start, does anyone know where Miss Nadolny might be?" Everyone was looking around to see that the Team Lead wasn't there.

~ great ~ thought Ava to herself. With her not being there, it would give the others the vibe that Chiara is not amused about the change of coaches.

But she has to be clear that that wouldn't affect anything.

"Since I only see clueless faces, I assume no one knows.

I'll start anyway, so I am excited to see you all on Ice! Go get changed, and I'll catch all of you in 20 minutes!"

Ava ended her 'speech' and watched as everyone left the room.

She took out her iPad to check if the email from this morning was sent. It was.

So why wouldn't Chiara be here unless ...

Quickly, she checked Chiara's old schedule, and she usually would have had cardio now. Assuming she was in the fitness room, Ava went to see if she could catch her there.

She wasn't. She may be kind enough to come to my office later.

Ava decided to use her free time, till she met the team on Ice, to send another email to Chiara.

Dear Miss Nadolny,

Sadly I've not seen you on time, or at all to attend your new training schedule.
I would welcome you to my office at 6 p.m. to discuss if there are any problems with your new schedule and how we can solve them.

A. Grothe
Head Coach - Ice Skating

It may be too harsh, but I must set the record straight from the beginning. I won't pity her just because of who she is.

Ava was not happy with the situation. If she's something not, she isn't a strict coach who leaves no time for joy or respect during the training.

She knew it would be challenging with the "Ice Diva," but not attending her first meeting was rude.

*ding*

Chiara looked at her phone, but this time, she just rolled her eyes and sowed it to Natalie, sitting beside her.

They both decided to spend the rest of the day at the beach, which was only a 20-minute drive from Campus.

"Wait! You're supposed to be at training right now?"

"Yes, but I decided not to go. Make it clear that I'm no one to be just put on a schedule. I'm the number one on the team, and the new Coach has to adjust around me. He'll learn that."

Chiara took her phone and decided to reply to the new coach.

"What do you want to reply? I'm just asking because you're about to begin drama. This morning, all you wanted was to go to the Olympics, and now you're ditching out of training?" Natalie was surprised by Chiara's decision.

"Yup. I'll be back to training tomorrow. And I'll tell him just that," she said while typing her reply.

Starting with pressure is a great tactic.

I don't have time today, but I am free tomorrow at 8 a.m.

Chiara Nadolny
W.C and N.C