Interview

I do my last few reps before I put the weights down

I do my last few reps before I put the weights down. I'm finally done, working out is so tiring, the only reason I do this is to get away from my shitty dad. Drunk bastard gets off on talking shit to me about mom. Says mom never loved me and that's why she took her own life. Truth of the matter is, she'd had enough of him and his bull shit and needed to escape. I know she loved me, she just got tired of loving him.

A tap on my shoulder breaks me out of my thoughts. It's Julian, my bestfriend, he motions to take off my headphones and so I do. "Yo you done yet? I'm hungryyy" he whines. I laugh and shake my head "yeah let me put my stuff up and we'll head out." Julian smiles hard "okay I'll wait outside"

I pack all my stuff back into my bag and say goodbye to the workers. I've been going to this gym for years so I know everybody by name. I get along with most of the employees here.

I walk out of the building and to my motorcycle that Julian is leaning on. I hop on and wait for him to get on as well before speeding down the road. While riding Julian spots a small cafe and suggests we get food from there. I pull up and park leaving Julian on the motorcycle after asking what he wanted. He's a little socially awkward so when we go out I normally order for the both of us. Since we're getting it to go he wanted to stay outside.

I walk into the little cafe and the bell rings over my head, I almost hit my head on it on my way in. It's not the first time something like this has happened, being 6'4 and all. I walk up to the register and as I'm ordering I feel someone staring at me. I look over and see the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She has light curls that look like they stop well over her ass. One Hazel eye, one a dark shade of blue. God she's so mesmerizing. After a while I realize I'm staring and turn around quick to hide the blush that's creeping up my face.

The lady at the register catches it though and smiles, "were you staring at Val?" I scrunch my face up in confusion, "Val?" She laughs and tilts her head towards the woman, "the one with heterochromia." I open my mouth in an o shape, "yeah I was, is Val her full name?" I ask with a blush, god I've gotta stop doing that. She smiles "no it's Valentin, I'd watch out though kid, don't go trying to get close to her. Although sweet, Valentin is a dangerous woman." Noted, don't get too close to the beautiful girl. I can do that, not like im going to see her again anyways.

I shake my head as acknowledgment to what she said and grab my food. I tell her bye and head out the building and back to my motorcycle. I hand Julian the food and hop on. Once on I speed off to his house.

•••

I sit in Julian's kitchen, eating my food when Heroe comes up behind me. Heroe is one of Julian's roommates. He puts his arm around my neck and takes a bite of my sandwich. I roll my eyes but ignore it, they're all like brothers to me so it's a normal thing I've gotten used to. He smacks in my ear "man this is good, where'd you get it from?" I pushed him away from me, "some cafe, and stop chewing in my ear you airhead." He smiles at me, " we gotta start going there man this shits good." He does have a point . And maybe if we start going I'll see that woman again. God she was beautiful.

Julian walks in, "Milan, what are you still doing here? Don't you have an interview to get to?" My eyes widen, fuck I forgot about the interview. I ask to borrow a button down and some pants so I can take a shower. I get in and out in a hurry, after I'm done I rush out the door saying quick byes to the boys.

One I've made it to the parking lot I hop on my bike and speed off towards the building. I make it in about 15 minutes and rush to the elevator. Once I make it to the right floor I talk to a lady that eventually brings me into an office.

The first thing i see when I walk in are those eyes. The ones I could never forget. Is this the lady that'll possibly be my boss? Omg I'm freaking out. I feel my cheeks get red and I avert my eyes. God she's so beautiful. The lady that brought me in rushes out and I'm left with Valentin. "Sit, you're late Mr.Aeneas" she said the words with so much power it made me want to follow her every command.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't realize what time it was. It won't happen again." I manage to get out without stuttering. "Saying again is a very bold assumption. Based on how this interview goes, you might not have an again. Let's get started, shall we?"

•••

The interview is finally over and I'm so glad, sitting under her hot gaze for so longs made me feel like I've started to melt, like wax in the Arizona sun. I get up and speedwalk out of her office after saying a quick bye. I felt her staring at me on my entire way out. Maybe she thinks of me the same way I think of her.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••